To create an Etsy Team:
- Sign in to the Etsy Community.
- Click Teams.
- Click Create a Team.
- Fill out information about your team. You can always come back and add or edit your info.
- Save your team's information by clicking Create Team at the bottom of the page.
What is an Etsy Team?
Etsy Teams are groups run by members, for members, to foster advice, inspiration, and growth opportunities among their members.
Before you create your team, determine the purpose of your group. Teams typically gather together members who either:
- Live in the same area
- Run shops in similar categories
- Share a common interest (example: all sellers in the group are also moms)
- Want to focus on one particular business topic, like SEO or marketing
Teams can also be a combination of two or more of the above.
You should also decide what types of activities you want your team to do together. Members often come together around initiatives like local selling events, collaborative social media campaigns, educational workshops, and sharing advice and listing critiques with one another.
Tips for creating your team
- Name: Choose a creative and catchy name to make your team stand out. We recommend that you do a quick search before selecting a name, just to make sure that a very similarly-titled team doesn't already exist. Make sure your name isn’t trademarked by another individual or company, or otherwise in conflict with Etsy's policies.
- Logo: Avatars will be 200 pixels x 150 pixels when they appear in your group.
- Description: Keep your team description brief, and let potential members know what your team’s purpose is and what activities you typically engage in
- Privacy: Select the button to choose to make either an open group (anyone can join) or a closed group (requires Team Captain approval)
- Special Interests: If your group is focused on a specific special interest, choose from the options provided in order to help potential members find you. Choose as many that apply, but be as accurate as possible.
- Business Insights: If your group is committed to frequently discussing specific business topics, choose from the options provided in order to help potential members find you. Choose as many that apply, but be as accurate as possible.
- Shop Categories: If your group is focused on a specific selling category, choose from the categories provided in order to help potential members find you. Choose as many that apply, but be as accurate as possible.
Please know that if you start a team it automatically makes you the captain. Learn more about the responsibilities of a team captain.
Welcome to your brand new Etsy team! Now it's time to spread the word, invite members, and make this place your home.