We recommend using an image that is at least 1500 pixels wide. This allows shoppers use the Zoom button to see the larger image.
The first photo in a listing should be horizontal (landscape) or square. This ensures that the center focal point of the image appears in the cropped thumbnail views.
Centered item photos
For the best results, listing photos should be at least 1500 pixels wide.
To keep your listing images consistent in size, make sure all of your photos have the same dimensions before uploading them. Images with varying sizes will be centered within a light-gray box.
Listing images can be sized differently depending on where they are seen on the site:
Dimensions for thumbnails = 75 x 75 pixels
Dimensions for gallery images = 170 x 135 pixels or 155 x 125 pixels
We resize the photo dimensions and crop images from the center. So do try to keep the most important part of your item in the center of the image.
You're also welcome to adjust your thumbnails to determine how they will look in your shop.
Adjust your thumbnail photo
- Edit your listing or create a new listing and you’ll see a Adjust Thumbnail button below your primary image.
- After clicking Adjust Thumbnail button, slide the circular button left and right to zoom in and out.
- Drag your image until it’s in the position you want.
- Once you're happy with your adjustments, click Save.
To get started, go to Shop Manager > Listings.
Crop your listing photos
You can crop the full-size images on your public listing page by using the crop tool.
- Click the pencil icon under any one of your listing images.
- Select any one of the suggested crop sizes or drag the corners of the grid to customize the crop area.
- Click Save.
Once you crop an image and save it, you won’t be able to undo the crop. If you make a mistake, you’ll have to upload the original image again.
Keep in mind that cropping your image or changing photo dimensions will affect the position of the picture inside the thumbnail. It’s a good idea to make any cropping adjustments before you adjust your thumbnail.
Image editing tools
If you need to edit your images further, here are two free online photo editing services that many sellers like to use. You can use any one of these tools to edit your images for Etsy:
(Etsy is not affiliated with these services.)