Found the perfect thing on Etsy, but you’re not ready to commit to creating an account? You can check out as a guest. You can purchase most items on Etsy without an account, however there are still some things like leaving a review, or opening a case that require you create an Etsy account .
- After adding items to your Cart you can proceed to checkout, by selecting Continue as guest to complete your order.
- Choose how you’ll pay, by selecting your payment method.
- Enter your shipping information
- Select Continue to payment, you will be prompted to Create an Etsy account. You can either enter a password and continue with the registration process, or if you don’t want to connect your purchase to an account select Continue as guest.
- Select your payment method and Review your order.
- You’ll be able to choose your shipping method and add an optional note to the seller for your item.
- Select Place your order.
You'll receive an email receipt for each shop that you purchased from. If you have a question for a seller, you can contact them by replying to the email receipt.
What’s the benefit of having an Etsy account?
While you can still purchase items on Etsy, and track the shipping status of your item without having an account. You still need an Etsy account in order to do certain things:
- Purchasing a custom item
- Contacting the seller before you purchase an item (you can only contact a seller as a guest after you’ve place an order)
- Leaving a review for an order
- Reporting a problem with an order
- Purchasing an Etsy Gift Card
- Redeeming and paying with an Etsy Gift Card
- Paying with iDeal or Sofort
I'm a buyer in the EEA
If you're in the EEA, which comprises the EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, you may be asked to authenticate your payment after you select Place your order.
To authenticate a payment, you'll need to respond to a prompt from your card issuer and provide additional information. Depending on your card issuer, this additional information may include a correct response to a question, a password, or a passcode.
I bought an item from Etsy on Google
If you bought an item from Etsy on Google, then you’ll be able to connect your order to an Etsy account. Learn how to connect your guest order to an Etsy account.
I’m having trouble with my order
We encourage you to reach out to the seller directly if you experience an issue with your order. Sellers can solve most problems with orders. If you need to report a problem to Etsy, you’ll need to create an Etsy account and claim your order.
I still need help
If you're still having trouble placing your order, reach out to Etsy Support for help.