If you filed a case against a seller, you can view the status of the case by following these steps:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Go to Your account.
- Go to Account settings.
- Select Cases reported by you.
- You should see this case under the Open Cases tab.
- select the Case ID number to view the case log, which includes the details of the case and any communication between you and the seller.
- For us to best assist you with your case, we ask that you direct any relevant information or inquiries to the case log.
- If the seller doesn't respond or resolve the case within 3 days of opening, you will have the option to escalate the case to us to review. Etsy reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system. An Etsy case agent will determine how to handle the issue. Etsy may intervene and issue a refund.
- If you don't escalate the case to Etsy's review, your case may be closed.
- If you paid via PayPal, you should work with the seller through Etsy's case system, but Etsy may not be able to refund PayPal payments. PayPal has a limited time frame for filing a claim. Please contact PayPal's customer support for more information.
If you filed a chargeback for an order or otherwise disputed a charge with your financial institution, the seller will not be able to issue a refund on Etsy. This is because only one method of credit can be issued.
You'll need to contact the financial institution where the dispute was filed for further information about a credit. Financial institutions include banks, card companies, and PayPal, and usually pertain to the original payment method. Learn more about chargebacks.
If your case was closed, but your issue isn’t resolved, choose the type of case you filed to learn more:
If your case was closed, generally either the seller provided proof that they shipped your order, or your order was refunded.
However, if the case is closed, but your issue isn’t resolved, you may be in one of these situations:
- I only received part of my order
- I returned the order, but didn’t receive a refund or replacement
- The order didn’t arrive in time
- My package was returned to the seller
We may be able to reopen the case and have our case mediation team investigate further in these situations. Select I still need help and include your case number when you submit your request.
If your case was closed, you can review your case in the case log. Look at Messages between you and the seller, and the situation at hand to understand why the final decision was made. You can also follow up with the seller through Messages if you need to.
We do encourage our buyers to use Etsy's review system honestly about the service and/or product they've received.
If you haven’t received the refund yet, check your account again in 3-5 business days. It can take that long to appear in your original payment method.
Refunds issued to non-US payment methods can take up to 30 days to appear.
If you're waiting for a refund through PayPal, check your PayPal account to see if the refund is complete.