To change your shop name:
- On Etsy.com, go to your Shop Manager.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Info & Appearance.
- Choose Change next to Shop name.
- Enter your new shop name.
- Choose Save.
Shop names can be up to 20 characters long, and they can't have spaces or punctuation. You may want to capitalize letters in your shop name to distinguish separate words.
The name you choose becomes part of your shop URL:
Learn more tips to create a great shop name.
What happens if I need to change my shop name again?
You can change your name as often as you like before you open your shop.
Once your shop is open, you can change your shop name in Info & Appearance under the Shop Name tab.
Changing your shop name will:
- Change your shop URL to reflect your new shop name. Links to your previous shop name will automatically redirect to your new one.
- Prevent other sellers from using the previous name of your shop.
- Display an icon next to your shop name on shop pages, your shop profile, and shop search results for 45 days after the change to let buyers know the name of your shop has changed.
After changing your shop name, make sure to update any content in your shop that may reference the old name, such as your shop icon and shop banner, shop announcement, or your About section.
How do I know if a shop name is available?
Once a shop name has been used on an open shop, it can't be used again even if the shop it’s connected to is closed.
Keep in mind that the name won't appear in search if it's a username or a shop that has been closed.
You also won’t be able to use a shop name that you’ve previously used on another account, even if that account is closed. Instead, you can reopen your shop.
What if the name for which I am the rights holder is not available?
If you hold intellectual property rights for your chosen shop name and you see this shop name is currently not available, you may choose to contact the member to resolve the issue amicably.
You also have the option to file a notice of intellectual property infringement. However, filing a notice of intellectual property infringement will not free up the shop name for your use.
To change your shop name, select Change next to Shop name. Once your shop is open, you can change your name later from Info & Appearance under the Shop Name tab.