If you run an Etsy Shop and you use Etsy Payments, you must have a credit or debit card on file. Updating your card on file can help prevent overdue bills, which may be subject to penalties such as restricted account privileges, shop suspension, and removal of the Star Seller badge.
- Sign in to Etsy.com and go to Shop Manager.
- Go to Finances, then Payment settings.
- Select Billing.
- Select Edit under your card details or choose Add new card under Your cards.
- Enter your card details and select Save.
- Open the Etsy Seller app and tap More.
- Tap Finances, then Payment settings.
- Scroll through the slider menu and select Billing.
- Tap Add a billing card or Edit.
- Enter your card details and tap Save.
A non-reloadable prepaid card can’t be your only or primary payment card. If you try to add a non-reloadable prepaid card as the only card on file, you will see an error message. You can always pay your bill manually with a non-reloadable prepaid card
If you’re a seller with a bank account in Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands, you aren’t required to have a credit or debit card on file for Etsy Payments.
If you updated your billing card because an auto-billed payment failed, you’ll need to make a manual payment.