To change between the classic and new listing experience, select Switch to new/old version.
The new listing experience is an updated, streamlined listing experience for sellers. Toggle between sections from the navigation bar at the top of the page to quickly access the listing information you want to add or edit.
To list an item in your Etsy shop:
- On Etsy.com, go to your Shop Manager.
- Select Listings.
- Select Add a listing.
- Fill in the relevant information in the listing creation form.
- When you’re finished, select Publish. The listing is now live in your shop.
If you’d rather save the listing for later, select Save as Draft instead. You must fill in information in the Title, Quantity, Price, Category, and Shipping sections before you can save a draft.
Features of the new listing experience
The new listing experience is separated into the following sections:
This will be what shoppers see when browsing for items on Etsy, so be sure to follow best practices for getting your items found in search. From here you can add:
Title: A listing’s title can be up to 140 characters long. Try to include keywords that buyers would use when searching for an item like this.
Photos and video: Up to 10 photos and 1 video can be attached to each listing. By selecting Edit, you can adjust the image thumbnail, crop the photo to the aspect ratio of your choosing, or delete the photo. Select Apply when finished.
Learn about best practices for images in your Etsy shop.
Digital files: Add up to five files for buyers to download when purchasing a digital item from your shop. This section only appears if Digital files is selected when choosing the type of item you're listing in the Core details section below.
Description: Describe the details of your item so buyers know what they’re getting.
Learn about best practices for listing descriptions.
- Personalization: If you want to offer the ability to customize your item, select the Add Personalization button. Then, add in any personalization instructions you want buyers to see, set a limit on the number of characters a buyer can request when customizing the item, and select if you want to make personalization optional or mandatory for this item.
Price & Inventory
- Price: Set the amount buyers will pay for your item here. The price will appear in your preferred currency.
- Quantity: Add the amount of the item you have for sale. Learn more about how item quantity works with listing fees.
- SKU: Create a custom SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) number for the item to help keep track of your inventory.
If you offer different options for the item like size or color, you can add variations to your listing. You’ll only be able to add variations to an item once you’ve selected a category for the item in the Details section first. Variations are unavailable for digital listings.
- Select Add variations.
- Choose the type of variation you want to add. These options will vary depending on the category you’ve selected for the item, or you can select Create your own to add a custom variation.
- If you’re creating a custom variation, type in a name for it.
- If you want to include or remove photos for the variation, toggle Link photos to this variation on or off.
- Select the variation you want to offer from the list of available options. Select the trash can icon next to an option you’ve added to remove it from the list.
- Select Done.
- If the prices, quantities, or SKUs vary for your different variations, select the toggle next to the appropriate options.
- Select Apply.
Back in the listing flow, you can add in the different SKUs, prices, and quantities for your variations, and toggle whether the variation will be visible to buyers visiting your shop. Sort these by selecting the name of the column header at the top. Selecting it again reverses the order they are sorted in.
To edit or delete your variations:
- Select Manage Variations.
- Select the pencil icon next to the variation you want to edit. To delete a variation, select the trash can icon instead.
- When you’ve finished editing your variation, select Done.
- Select Apply to save your edits.
To edit the prices or quantities of your variations in bulk:
- Check the box next to each variation you want to edit.
- Select Update price or Update quantity
- Enter the new price or quantity.
- Select Apply.
Add the details that make it easier for shoppers to find your items in Etsy search, and help them know exactly what they’re buying.
From Details, you can add:
Core Details: These are the most basic aspects of your listing, including if it is a physical or digital listing, who made the item, what it is, and when it was made. Add any production partners involved in the creation of this item.
Category: The category determines which sections of Etsy’s marketplace your item appears in. Type the category of your item into the search bar, then under Results, select the option that is the closest match for what you’re listing.
Attributes: Give details about the qualities of the item, such as the color, material, size dimensions, etc. The attributes listed under this section will change depending on the category you selected. Learn more about how to use attributes for your listings.
Tags: Add up to 13 tags that describe your item. This helps your item appear in shoppers’ search results. Learn how using tags can help you get found in search.
- Materials: Let shoppers know what your item is made out of.
Apply accurate shipping information to your listings so buyers have realistic expectations on when their order will arrive. If the listing is for a digital item, buyers will download the files you uploaded immediately after purchase.
To add shipping information to your listings:
- In the Shipping Option section, choose Select Profile.
- Choose one of your existing shipping profiles and select Apply, or select Create new profile.
- Enter the Item weight.
- Enter the Item size (when packed).
- If the item will be sent with an international shipping label, you can enter the Tariff Number to prefill a customs form.
Select Change Profile if you need to apply a different shipping profile to your listing. You can also select the three dots next to a shipping profile to Edit or Duplicate it.
Adjust the listing’s return settings, how it displays in your shop, and how the listing renews from here.
Returns and exchanges: Let buyers know if you accept returns for that listing. Learn how to set a return policy on your listings.
Shop section: Select which of your shop sections you want the listing displayed in or create a new one. Learn more about how to organize your listings with shop sections.
Feature this listing: Switch the toggle button on to display the listing at the top of your shop’s homepage.
- Renewal Options: Choose if you want your listings to automatically renew after they expire, or if you’d rather renew them manually. See our policy page to learn more about listing fees.