It’s free to try Pattern and design a custom website. If you’d like to publish your website, you can begin a free 30-day trial. After the free trial period is over, your Pattern subscription will begin and you'll see a your monthly Pattern subscription fee on your Etsy Payment account, plus tax where it applies.
Your first month’s statement will be prorated, based on when you signed up. You’ll be charged the full subscription fee for each following month you use Pattern.
Note: We’re required to charge sales tax on monthly fees to sellers who live in certain locations.
There are no extra listing fees for your Pattern site. Just like items in your Etsy shop, items sold on your Pattern site will incur the same payment processing fees.
Here’s a breakdown of the fees for selling on Pattern:
|Fee||Amount||What it means|
|Having a Pattern website||$15.00 USD per month, after 30-day free trial||
- The non-refundable, monthly fee is automatically renewed until canceled.
- Sales tax is added when applicable.
- Etsy converts these fees from USD to your Payment account currency at the market rate at the time the fee is reflected in your Payment account.
|Domain registration fee||Varies||- If you purchase a domain name through our partner Tucows, Inc., you will also be charged a fee to register the domain name. Learn more.|
|WHOIS Domain Privacy||$3.00 USD per year||
- Optional domain service offered through our partner Tucows, Inc.
- We strongly recommend opting into WHOIS Domain Privacy. It protects your personal information—such as your address and phone number—from being published by ICANN in a publicly accessible database. Learn more.
|Listing an item||N/A||
- For listings that appear on multiple sales channels, there is no additional listing fee for Pattern.
- Listings that appear only on Pattern are free.
|Selling an item||N/A||
- There is no transaction fee on Pattern.
|Etsy Payments||Varies by country||- These are the fees for processing credit or debit card, Etsy gift card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, integrated PayPal, iDEAL (Netherlands), and Sofort (Austria and Germany) payments.|
|Deposit currency conversion||2.5%||
- If you list items in a currency other than the currency of your Payment account, Etsy converts your funds from Etsy Payments to the currency of your Payment account on your behalf.
- When a conversion is required, Etsy applies a 2.5% currency conversion fee.
- Because buyers complete the entire checkout process in their preferred shopping currency, it's highly encouraged that sellers list in the currency of their Payment accounts.
Note: Fees are shown in United States Dollar (USD). Etsy converts fees from USD to your Payment account currency at the market rate at the time the fee is reflected in your Payment account.
For more information on fees for your Pattern site, see the Fees & Payments Policy.
Note: If you registered a domain through Etsy and choose to cancel your Pattern subscription, your domain registration will still be active. You can disconnect your domain from Pattern or manage your records to point it to another website.