Etsy's Stats show you both the volume of the traffic in your shop as well as the traffic sources. Read more about Stats.
Google allows you to sign up for a similar program for your Etsy shop called Web Analytics. Web Analytics is a free service available to all Etsy sellers, but it requires a separate account with Google.
Step 1: Sign up.
If you already have a Google Analytics account, you can log in, click on Analytics Settings, and then choose Enter New Profile.
If not, create a Google Analytics account here.
Here are some helpful hints to remember while signing up:
- When asked for your Account Name, enter your Etsy shop website address (shopname.etsy.com).
- When asked for your Website's name, enter the name of your Etsy shop.
- When asked for your Website's URL, enter the Etsy URL for your shop (www.etsy.com/shop/shopname).
- Hit Continue when you arrive at the page titled Analytics: Tracking Instructions.
- Once you arrive on your account overview page, find the tracking code that appears to the right of your shop website address. It will appear in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X.
Step 2: Enter web property ID.
To enable this feature, go to Shop Manager > Settings > Options > Web Analytics. Enter your Google Analytics Web Property ID in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X. Click Save.
To view your analytics, you must sign in to your Google Analytics account. Since Google Analytics works on a delay, you may not see data in your reports for up to 24 hours.
Find more tips about using Google Analytics in your Etsy shop:
- The Google Analytics Help Center
- The Google Analytics Channel on YouTube