Google Analytics is a third-party tracking tool that shows the volume of traffic to your website from different traffic sources. Google allows you to sign up for a similar program for your site called Web Analytics. This is a free service available to all Etsy sellers, but it requires a separate account with Google.
You can also track your website's performance by reviewing your Stats in the Shop Manager. Learn more.
If you have an existing Google Analytics account and you want to add it to your site, follow the steps below. If you don’t have an account, create one with Google and then proceed with the following instructions.
Setting up a website profile
- Sign in to your Google account and click Analytics Settings.
- Click Enter New Profile.
- Enter the URL for your Pattern site in the Website URL field (YourEtsyShopName.patternbyetsy.com).
- If you have a custom domain connected to your website, you can enter it in the Account Name field (yourdomain.com).
- Hit Continue when you arrive at the page titled "Analytics: Tracking Instructions."
- On your account overview page, locate the tracking code displayed next to your Pattern site’s address. It will appear in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X.
- Record or copy your new tracking ID.
Entering your tracking ID
- Sign in to Etsy and go to the Settings tab of the Pattern Dashboard.
- In the Google Analytics field, enter your Google Analytics tracking ID in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X
- Click Publish.
To view your Analytics, you must sign in to your Google Analytics account. Since Google Analytics works on a delay, you may not see data in your reports for up to 24 hours.
Find more tips about using Google Analytics: