Important: You must set both A records and CNAME records in order for your domain to properly connect to your Pattern site.
First, edit your A record information for your root domain.
- Go to https://www.namecheap.com/myaccount/login.aspx to log in to your account.
- Once in your Dashboard, locate the domain you’d like to connect to your Pattern site and click the Manage button to the right.
- Click on the Advanced DNS tab in the top right.
- Click the ADD NEW RECORD button at the bottom of the HOST RECORDS section.
- From the dropdown menu, select A Record.
- In the Host column, enter the @ symbol.
- In the Value column, type 184.108.40.206
- Click Save all changes.
Next, edit your CNAME records for your subdomain.
- From the same Advanced DNS tab, locate the CNAME Record and type www in the Host column.
- Then, in the Value column, type patternbyetsy.com
- If you’d like to set up multiple subdomains (for example, “shop” or “store”), follow the subset of instructions below. Otherwise, skip to step 4.
- To set up another subdomain, from the dropdown menu, select CNAME Record.
- Type your preferred subdomain in the Host column.
- Type patternbyetsy.com in the Value column.
- Click SAVE ALL CHANGES.
Once you have set up all of your desired records, you will need to visit the Domains section of your Pattern Dashboard to connect your domain by typing "www.YourDomain.com" into the Connect field.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain to connect.
If you're still having trouble connecting your domain, check for any preexisting A records or CNAME records and delete them. Conflicting records can cause your domain connection to fail.
If you continue to have trouble, contact your domain provider’s support team and provide them with the following information:
- You would like to set up one A record for your root domain which points to 220.127.116.118.
- You would also like to set up a CNAME record (www.) for your subdomain that points to your Etsy-hosted domain, which is patternbyetsy.com
Note: Never give your Etsy username or password to a third party.
Only you are authorized to instruct your domain provider to connect your domain to your Pattern site and Etsy cannot interact directly with your domain provider under any circumstances.