Note: This article is intended for sellers who set their own shipping rates. If you're in the US or Canada and want your shipping costs calculated for you, check out this Help article on calculated shipping.
As a seller on Etsy, you determine both your shipping rates and destinations on each of your listings.
Some buyers only view items on Etsy that ship to their country. To make sure you appear in international searches, be sure to set rates for every country you feel comfortable shipping to.
To manage your shipping destinations for existing listings:
- Go to Shop Manager > Listings. Select the thumbnail photo next to the listing you'd like to edit or select Edit from the gear menu.
- In the Shipping area, use the dropdown menu next to Shipping origin to choose the country where your item will be shipping from.
- Click Add location. Once you choose the countries you'd like to ship to, fill in the shipping costs per destination below Shipping costs.
- You can also select European Union or Europe non-EU. If you set a shipping cost for a specific country within those regions, that cost will override the cost set for the region.
- For example, if the cost to ship within Germany is lower than shipping within the EU, you can set a discounted cost for Germany. The buyer will be charged the discounted cost instead of the shipping cost for the EU.
"Everywhere Else" shipping
"Everywhere Else" allows you to create a flat-rate price for shipping to everywhere in the world.
- If it costs more or less to ship to specific countries (like the country where you are located), then you can set that price individually. All countries that you don't set up specifically will fall under "Everywhere Else."
Your location and the shipping address for the buyer determine the cost of shipping for you.
Here are the solutions to some common issues with shipping locations and shipping dates:
If you received an order from a location you don’t ship to you have a few options. You can choose to:
- Cancel the order
- Request that the buyer pay additional postage through a private listing
- Ship at your expense
Why did I receive an order from a location I don’t ship to?
This can mean that an international shipping destination was enabled by mistake. If a listing or shipping profile shows that it ships to the destination “Everywhere Else”, the listing ships worldwide.
You can remove “Everywhere else” by clicking the trash can icon on its right side in the listing’s Shipping section or on the shipping profile.
This issue is often related to some listings not using a shipping profile. You can check for listings without shipping profiles from your Listings manager:
- On right side menu of the Listings manager, click More filters.
- In the Shipping profiles filter, select No Shipping Profile.
- Click the checkbox on these listings.
- Click Editing options.
- Click Change shipping profile.
- Select the shipping profile you want to apply to these listings.
- Click Apply.
Each listing can have only one shipping origin. If you fulfill orders using multiple different distribution centers, your options are separate listings, or separate shops.
There are a few reasons why your processing time or ship-by date might seem incorrect:
- Processing times are in business days (Monday through Friday). Orders on Saturday and Sunday are considered Friday orders, in terms of their processing times.
- Processing times can appear incorrect due to differences in the seller’s, buyer’s, and Etsy’s time zones.
If your shipping deadline is off by a day, these reasons are the most likely causes. If it’s more than a day, it may be a technical issue. Click I still need help and include an example order number to investigate further.