You can request a refund for any label less than 10 days old that hasn't been used to ship a package.
- Go to Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping
- Find your order and click the receipt number
- Scroll down to the Shipping Label box
- Click Options to the right
- Then click Request a Refund
You can also request a refund by following these steps:
- Go to Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping > View shipping labels > Purchased labels
- Find the label you’d like to request a refund for.
- Click the gear icon to the right.
- Select Request Refund
Select the reason for the refund and submit your request.
How long will it take?
Refunds are approved by USPS and can take 15-20 days to complete.
How will I know my request was approved?
If your refund is approved, you'll receive an email from Etsy, and there will be a credit on your Etsy bill listed as "USPS Shipping Label Refund." If you purchased parcel insurance on Etsy, you would receive a separate credit on your bill listed as “Shipsurance Parcel Insurance Refund.”
Note: If the shipping label for which you’ve requested a refund is contained within a USPS SCAN form, that form is no longer valid. If you have already used a SCAN form containing a label, a refund request for that label will be denied. Learn more about USPS SCAN forms.