About FedEx Shipping Labels
- There are no additional fees from Etsy to use Etsy Shipping Labels.
At this time, FedEx Shipping Labels on Etsy are available for both domestic and international orders. Learn more about international shipping labels.
- Although we do not currently offer calculated shipping for FedEx Shipping Labels, you can create shipping upgrade options for each listing to reflect the FedEx mail classes that you offer. To enable your buyers to select FedEx as an upgrade option, go to Add a listing > Shipping options > Enter custom shipping options, and then select I’ll enter fixed costs manually. Next, fill in the least expensive FedEx mail class option that you plan to offer below Shipping costs. Finally, you can add other mail class options that you offer ("FedEx Ground," "FedEx Home Delivery," etc.) by clicking Add a shipping upgrade, naming each upgrade, and filling out the appropriate costs and destination information for each additional mail class that you plan to offer for that listing.
Note: Only your shipping upgrade options will be visible as FedEx mail class options for your buyers. Your base shipping fee will not be labeled on your listing. Feel free to explain any additional shipping information you may need in your Shop Policies.
- The cost* of your shipping label is the sum of all applicable shipping fees (these fees might include shipping service, signature service options, Shipsurance Parcel Insurance, fuel surcharge, residential address fee, delivery area surcharge, additional handling surcharge, oversize charge, Saturday delivery, minimum billable weight, and address correction).
- The cost of your shipping label and any additional fees will appear on your Etsy bill. Should your label cost be adjusted after your package has been delivered by FedEx, you will receive a line item on your Etsy bill entitled “FedEx Shipping Label Adjustment.” You may view the cost adjustment details of your label by accessing your label adjustment receipt from its associated Orders page.
- If you purchase shipping insurance through Etsy’s provider Shipsurance, the cost of insurance will appear separately on your bill as “Shipsurance Parcel Insurance” and will include the shipping label number.
- A breakdown of these costs is outlined on the label purchase page, in the email notification sent after a label has been purchased, on your purchased labels page, and on your label and order receipts.
- At this time, FedEx's Money-Back Guarantee is not supported when purchasing through Etsy.
- If you have a personal FedEx account, you may schedule pickups and purchase supplies through that account. If you have an account and do not use it for an extended period, you may be unable to access supplies.
- If your buyer contacts you about rerouting a package, you should direct them to the FedEx Delivery Manager® and notify them to sign up to reroute the package. You should also notify your buyer that he or she will be charged a rerouting fee. Only a buyer can reroute a package, and only a buyer will be charged the reroute fee.
Note: When a FedEx Shipping Label is purchased, the total price is an estimate from FedEx based on the information you provide. The actual cost is determined by FedEx after the package is delivered. Should there be a difference between the two costs, that amount will be added to or subtracted from your Etsy bill after the package has been delivered. For example, if the receiver’s address is incorrect or incomplete, the fee for changing the package’s destination after it has been shipped is $13.00 per package.
How to purchase shipping labels
First, go to your Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping, find your order and click Mark As Paid if it has not already been automatically marked as paid.
Next, click on the Not Shipped tab, next to the Paid tab, and click Print a shipping label.
You'll then be taken to your label purchase page. Here, you will select FedEx as your shipping carrier in the top left navigation to ship with FedEx. Then, select the order you would like to ship, and enter your package specifications. This is also where you can choose to purchase signature confirmation and shipping insurance provided by Shipsurance Insurance Services.
You can choose from the following domestic and international shipping options:
- FedEx Ground® (1-5 business days)
- FedEx Home Delivery® (1-5 business days)
- FedEx Express Saver® (3 business days)
- FedEx 2Day® (2 business days)
- FedEx Priority Overnight® (next-business-day delivery)
- FedEx Standard Overnight® (next-business-day-delivery)
- FedEx International Priority® (1-3 business days)
- FedEx International Economy® (2-5 business days)
- FedEx International Ground to Canada® (2-7 business days)
All domestic and international FedEx Shipping Labels automatically include tracking and delivery confirmation. Learn more about shipping insurance.
To purchase additional labels for an order, click Add new label for this order and enter the package details for each label.
Review your Ship To and Ship From addresses, as well as the Ship Date, and edit if necessary.
Note: If you’d like to set FedEx as your default carrier, go to Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping > View shipping labels > Options. Scroll down and select FedEx under Preferred Shipping Carrier. Setting your default carrier means anytime you land on the Buy Labels page, your default shipping carrier will be FedEx. You can toggle between the different shipping carriers in the top left navigation to purchase from either.
- We use USPS address verification to verify addresses for both FedEx and USPS domestic orders. We use FedEx address verification to verify addresses for FedEx international orders.
- If the buyer-entered address does not match what is on file at the USPS, a notification will appear above the Ship To address.
- You'll have the option to view the two addresses and decide which version you would like to use for your label. You'll also have the option of editing the original version. Most of the time, the differences between the two addresses will be small.
- On occasion, the USPS may not have an address on file or may drop vital aspects of the address, such as apartment number. If you’re ever in doubt about the buyer-entered address, you can contact them directly via Etsy’s on-site messaging system, Conversations, to confirm their information before purchasing your label.
Review label costs.
Once you enter all the necessary information, you will see your total estimated cost.
When you purchase a FedEx Shipping Label on Etsy, the label’s cost is an estimate from FedEx based on your entered shipping service, weight, dimensions, origin zip code, and destination zip code. When the package is delivered, FedEx will verify that all of the information you entered is accurate. If any discrepancies are found at that time, FedEx will adjust the final cost of the label. Associated credits, additional fees, or surcharges will be listed on your Etsy bill as a “FedEx Shipping Label Adjustment.” Learn more here.
Edit or confirm your Note to Buyer.
This note will be included with the shipping notification that's automatically sent on the Ship Date you have set for that label.
You may save up to 10 different versions of your Note to Buyer by clicking the message bubble in the bottom right corner of the message field. When you’re finished, make sure to click Use Note.
After choosing a Note to Buyer, select Confirm and Buy.
Confirm your labels.
If you need to go back and change anything, close the confirmation window by clicking Cancel.
Next, click Purchase, and a shipping notification will be sent to your buyer on the date you mark it to be shipped. You can download your labels immediately or later by going to the order’s receipt page or Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping > View shipping labels > Purchased labels > FedEx.
From the receipt page, click Download Label to view and download a PDF of your label in your browser. If you have purchased more than one label for an order, all of the labels will download in one PDF. Depending on the country you are shipping to, you can print multiple shipping labels per country (also known as air waybills).
Note: Be sure to not throw away any extra printed labels as they may be necessary depending on your shipping destination.
You can also print all of the shipping labels you have purchased in a day by going to Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping > View shipping labels > Purchased labels > Summary. Click the gear icon next to today’s date and select Download labels. If you have purchased both USPS and FedEx shipping labels on that date, the PDFs will be grouped by shipping carrier when downloaded.
Should you have any inconsistencies between your initial shipping label price and any costs incurred after the fact, your Etsy bill will be adjusted to reflect the difference in price. You can view your bill by going to Shop Manager > Finances > Your bill.