We’re refreshing our community spaces to make it easier to connect with other sellers, grow your creative business, and keep up with the latest Etsy news.
Why can't I post or reply to comments in my Team?
Prior to the launch of our new community, there will be a brief read-only period to allow for the migration of existing Etsy Teams and Forums content. Advance notice will be provided to everyone in the seller community.
Please see the Site Update for all the highlights on the improvements in the works. No action is required. Read on for more details about the logistics of transitioning to the new spaces.
All Etsy Teams with at least one discussion since November 2016 will be available in the new community space. This migration will include:
- Team name
- Leadership roles
- All discussion threads
- ‘About this team’ and ‘Who can join’ descriptions
- Whether your team is open for anyone to join or membership is by-approval only
- Each team member’s shop name, Etsy avatar, and (if provided) first and last name
Some of the improvements:
- Activity notifications via email, alerts inside the community area, and a new Community folder inside your Conversations inbox
- Ability to @mention individuals so they are tagged in a post
- Ability to “like” other members’ posts
- In-line replies for commenting on individual posts within a team discussion thread
- Search functionality surfacing results from teams that you’re a member of, all public teams, and all forums threads
- Ability to subscribe to and bookmark discussion threads
- Ability to subscribe to saved searches
- Formatting improvements including bullets, numbers, and emphasis options like bold and italics
- After posting a new discussion, you’ll be able to select an accepted solution indicating when another member’s reply answers your question
- ‘Message members’ tool for Team Captains available within each team
- Larger team announcements callout on each team’s homepage
- Team leader resource page with educational content including Etsy’s Ultimate Guides, workshops, and branding tool kit
- A new tool will allow Etsy to share the most important announcements related to teams and key product releases, directly with you and your team. You may sometimes see a banner at the top of your team containing a brief message distributed by Etsy.
- For more details on the improvements to Teams and Forums, please see the Site Update.
While we are migrating the majority of your team’s content, there are three things that will not available once the improved community spaces go live:
- Your team logo will not be automatically transitioned. Team Captains or Leaders can upload their group’s team logo image once the new community spaces are live. Team logos should be a minimum of 200 x 150px. A placeholder team logo is automatically provided if you do not upload an image.
- Previously deleted threads will no longer be accessible, and any deleted threads in the future will not be saved.
- If you have set up a question for new members to answer, their answers will not be saved and the question will not appear to future people trying to join. We are exploring how we might include this feature as part of our ongoing improvements to the new community space, and we will keep everyone posted about any developments.
Other changes to be aware of:
- In the new community, you will see a person’s shop name, and can view their first and last name (if available) by clicking their shop name. You will still be able to visit a person’s store on Etsy by clicking their shop name.
- There will still be the option to make your group open (anyone can join) or closed (members must request and be approved to join), but there will no longer be an option to hide your team completely and make it invite-only.
- There will no longer be an option to download a CSV file of your team’s members.