Sellers in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia can buy shipping labels directly through Etsy. This means fewer trips to the post office and more time to create and sell your wares.
If you’re in the UK or Australia and want to purchase a shipping label, learn how to purchase a Royal Mail or Australia Post label.
To purchase shipping labels on Etsy.com:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Find the order you want to buy a shipping label for.
- Click the icon of a van in the upper right corner of the order.
- Select your preferred shipping carrier at the top of the page: USPS or FedEx. If you’re in Canada, you’ll see Canada Post.
- Check that the buyer’s address is correct.
- Add or edit your note to the buyer. This note is included with the shipping notification that's automatically sent on the Ship Date you set for this label.
- Fill out or, if you use calculated shipping, double-check the required information about the package. Learn more about each section.
- If you’re shipping this order internationally, fill out the customs information.
- Check that your address is correct under Ship From Address and Mailed from ZIP Code.
- Select your preferred ship date.
- Select your Download Preference.
- Click Confirm and Buy.
- Click Purchase.
A shipping notification is sent to your buyer on the ship date you selected, and your order will be marked as shipped.
How to download and print your shipping labels
The labels you purchased should immediately download. Open the downloaded files to print your labels.
You can print your labels now, or later by going to the order’s receipt page or:
- Click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Click Get shipping labels.
- Click Purchased labels.
- Select the carrier you used.
- Check the boxes next to the labels you want to print.
- Click Download. Each shipping label will download in its own PDF file.
- Print the downloaded shipping label PDFs.
You can then attach the labels to your packages (with tape or by printing on label paper) and drop them off with the carrier you chose.
What are address confirmations?
We use the carriers’ data to verify that the address the buyer provided is an address the carrier states is deliverable. This means that the carrier can deliver to that address, and the buyer can receive their order.
If the address the buyer entered doesn’t match what is on file with the carrier, a notification will appear above the Ship To address. Sometimes, the carrier may not have an address on file or may drop vital aspects of the address, such as apartment number. Confirm with the buyer to decide which address to deliver to. If you change they buyer’s address without contacting them on Etsy.com first, this order isn’t eligible for Seller Protection.
We use USPS address verification to verify addresses for both FedEx and USPS domestic US orders. We use FedEx address verification to verify addresses for FedEx international orders.
What are package details?
The package details help us provide accurate postage for your shipping label.
Note: If you use calculated shipping, the package details are pre-filled.
The Shipping Method determines how quickly the order ships to the buyer, what services, if any, are included, and affects the price of shipping. The shipping methods you can choose from depends on the carrier you use.
The Package Type depends on how you package the order.
The physical dimensions of your package. Fill out the package length, width, and height.
The weight of the package.
Many shipping methods include insurance automatically. You can also add insurance in most cases. Learn more about insurance for shipments on Etsy.
Choose if you need the buyer to confirm delivery with a signature.
What is the customs information?
When purchasing an international label, you must supply the total package weight and a customs description that accurately represents all the items in your order. You can also add an optional tariff number.
How is the label cost determined?
Once you enter all necessary information, you can see your total estimated cost.
When you purchase a shipping label on Etsy, the label’s cost is based on the shipping service, weight, dimensions, origin zip code, and destination zip code. When the package is dropped off, the carrier verifies that all of the information you entered is accurate. If any discrepancies are found at that time, the carrier may adjust the final cost of the label.
The cost of your shipping label and any additional fees will appear on your Etsy bill. If you purchase parcel insurance on Etsy, the cost of insurance will appear separately on your bill and will include the shipping label number.
Learn about fees associated with label changes for FedEx.
How do I buy a label with calculated shipping?
If you use calculated shipping on Etsy, the package details you set are automatically imported into the shipping label purchase page.
To buy a shipping label created with calculated shipping, double-check the details and click Confirm and buy. You can edit or change the package details for your orders before purchasing your label.
Why buy shipping labels from Etsy?
With Shipping Labels bought from Etsy:
- There are no additional fees from Etsy to use Etsy Shipping Labels.
- In most cases, the cost of postage will be at a discount over the standard retail rate.
- Delivery Confirmation and tracking are included with First-Class Mail.
- Insurance is included with some shipping methods that are available through Etsy.
- Label information is automatically added to your Etsy orders, and you can review it directly on Etsy.com.