Sellers in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia can buy shipping labels directly through Etsy. This means fewer trips to the post office and more time to create and sell your wares.
If you’re in the UK or Australia and want to purchase a shipping label, learn how to purchase a Royal Mail, USPS, or Australia Post label.
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Find the order you want to buy a shipping label for.
- Click the icon of a van in the upper right corner of the order.
- Select your preferred shipping carrier at the top of the page: USPS or FedEx. If you’re in Canada, you’ll see Canada Post.
- Check that the buyer’s address is correct.
- Add or edit your note to the buyer. This note is included with the shipping notification that's automatically sent on the Ship Date you set for this label.
- Fill out or, if you use calculated shipping, double-check the required information about the package. Learn more about each section.
- If you’re shipping this order internationally, fill out the customs information.
- Check that your address is correct under Ship From Address and Mailed from ZIP Code.
- Select your preferred ship date.
- Select your Download Preference.
- Click Confirm and Buy.
- Click Purchase.
A shipping notification is sent to your buyer on the ship date you selected, and your order will be marked as shipped. You can then print your shipping label.
What shipping information is required?
The shipping information helps us give you an accurate estimate for the cost of your shipping label.
- Package weight: The weight of the package.
- Package Type: The Package Type depends on how you package the order.
- Length, Width, Height: The physical dimensions of your package. Fill out the package length, width, and height.
- Delivery service: The delivery service determines how quickly the order ships to the buyer, and affects the price of shipping.
What customs information is required when shipping internationally?
When purchasing an international label, you must supply the total package weight and a customs description that accurately represents all the items in your order. You can also add an optional tariff number.
Documentation requirements vary by service and destination. Be sure to confirm what is needed on the carrier's site before sending. It’s your responsibility to ensure the required information is completed.
How is the label cost determined?
Once you enter all necessary information, you can see your total estimated cost.
When you purchase a shipping label on Etsy, the label’s cost is based on the shipping service, weight, dimensions, origin zip code, and destination zip code. When the package is dropped off, the carrier verifies that all of the information you entered is accurate. If any discrepancies are found at that time, the carrier may adjust the final cost of the label.
The cost of your shipping label and any additional fees will appear in your Payment account. If you purchase parcel insurance on Etsy, the cost of insurance will appear separately on your bill and will include the shipping label number.
Learn about fees associated with label changes for FedEx.
How do I buy a label with calculated shipping?
Sellers using USPS or Canada Post can use calculated shipping on Etsy. With calculated shipping, the package details you set are automatically imported into the shipping label purchase page.
To buy a shipping label created with calculated shipping, double-check the details and click Confirm and buy. You can edit or change the package details for your orders before purchasing your label.
Why buy shipping labels from Etsy?
With Shipping Labels bought from Etsy:
- There are no additional fees from Etsy to use Etsy Shipping Labels.
- The cost of postage may be at a discount over the standard retail rate.
- Delivery Confirmation and tracking are included with First-Class Mail.
- Insurance is included with some shipping methods that are available through Etsy.
- Label information is automatically added to your Etsy orders, and you can review it directly on Etsy.com.