To refund shipping labels you purchased through Etsy, you need to request a refund through your Shop Manager.
If you plan to cancel the order associated with the shipping label you’ve purchased, be sure to request your shipping label refund first.
To request a refund for a shipping label you bought through Etsy:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- If you don't see the order in the first tab, click Completed.
- Click Refund under the shipping label number on your order.
You can request a refund for any shipping label you’ve purchased through Etsy that hasn't been used to ship a package, so long as the label is:
- USPS: less than 30 days old
- FedEx: less than 30 days old
- Global Postal Shipping: less than 30 days old
- Canada Post: less than 15 days old
- Royal Mail: less than 15 days old
- Australia Post: less than 15 days old
- Yakit: less than 15 days old
How long will it take to receive my refund?
Refunds are approved by the carrier and generally take 15-30 days to complete.
How will I know my request was approved?
If your refund is approved, you'll receive an email from Etsy, and there will be a credit on your Etsy bill listed as "[Your carrier] Shipping Label Refund." If you purchased parcel insurance on Etsy, you would receive a separate credit on your bill listed as “Shipsurance Parcel Insurance Refund” or “Canada Post Coverage Refund,” depending on your carrier.
The label I refunded is on a USPS SCAN form
If the shipping label for which you’ve requested a refund is contained within a USPS SCAN form, that form is no longer valid. If you have already used a SCAN form containing a label, a refund request for that label will be denied. Learn more about USPS SCAN forms.
I want to cancel my refund request
There isn’t a way to undo a request for a shipping label refund.
However, if you have requested a label refund for a package that has shipped, the refund will simply be denied and the package will continue on toward delivery as normal.