If you’re located in the Netherlands, you can use iDEAL to pay for your order on Etsy. To pay with iDEAL:
- On Etsy.com or in the Etsy app, go to your Cart.
- Under How you’ll pay, choose iDEAL.
- Select Proceed to checkout.
- Select your bank. Enter the account holder name in two parts (first name/last name or business name/business type) separated by a blank space.
- Sign in to your bank and follow the prompts to pay for your order.
- After you confirm your purchase, you’ll return to Etsy.com.
I can’t see the option to pay with iDEAL at checkout
Make sure your default account currency is set to Euro (EUR) and your default country set to the Netherlands. From your computer, these settings can be adjusted on the bottom of any Etsy.com page. On the Etsy app, check the regional settings on your mobile device. Learn more about changing your region settings.
I was charged through iDEAL, but my item is still in my cart
If this happens, it means that you confirmed the purchase on your bank’s website, but didn’t return to Etsy to complete your order. Etsy will automatically issue a refund and you’ll see it on your bank statement within the next 5 business days.
When you’re ready to place your order again:
- On Etsy.com, go to your Cart.
- Select Remove next to the item in your cart.
- Add the item again.
- Proceed to checkout with iDEAL.
- Complete the order on your bank’s iDEAL page and return to Etsy after authorizing the payment.