If you’re unsatisfied with an order, you may be able to request a refund for your order depending on the shop’s policies. To request a refund, contact the shop:
- Sign in to Etsy.com or open the Etsy app.
- Click or tap the Your Account icon.
- Click or tap Purchases and reviews.
- Click Help with order next to the order you’re interested in. On the Etsy app, tap the order you’re interested in, then tap Help with order under your order.
- Click or tap Message Seller.
- In the textbox that appears, let the seller know that you’d like a refund.
- Click or tap the arrow icon or press Enter to send. The seller will be notified of the new message and can respond.
Sellers aren’t required to provide a refund unless stated in their shop policies. On the Help with order page, you can click or tap View shop return policy to check the shop policies.
What are shop policies?
Each seller on Etsy is responsible for their own policies regarding refunds, exchanges, and returns. Policies vary from shop to shop.
Before purchasing, review the shop’s Returns & exchanges policy. You can find the shop’s policies on the listing page under Shipping & returns, or by clicking Policies and More information at the top of their shop homepage.
Specific questions about a shop’s policies are best answered by the seller. Contact the shop with any questions about their policies.
What should I do if the seller doesn’t refund my order?
If the seller doesn’t allow refunds, you may be able to open a case with Etsy. Cases can be opened if:
- Your never received your order
- Your order wasn’t as it was described on Etsy