If you receive spam through Etsy Messages or direct messages on the Etsy Community, you can report it.
How to Mark Messages as Spam
You can mark a Message as spam to remove it from your Messages inbox. However, you will continue to receive emails about new replies in that Message. Learn how to unsubscribe from email notifications.
This doesn’t send a report to Etsy. If you’re experiencing harassment, click Contact support at the bottom of this page.
To report that a Message is spam:
- On Etsy.com, click Your Account.
- Click the Messages icon in the menu.
- Click the checkbox next to the message that you want to report as spam.
- Click More.
- Click Mark as Spam.
How to report spam in direct messages on the Etsy Community
If a direct message seems inappropriate or doesn’t follow the Community Policy, you can report it to Etsy.
To report that a direct message is spam:
- On the Etsy Community, click your avatar at the top right corner.
- Click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
- Click the title of the direct message.
- Click Report directly under the message.