To name a few examples, a seller may list items that don’t qualify to be sold on Etsy, engage in disrespectful communication, receive a high rate of buyer complaints, or ship orders late. It’s also possible for Etsy to limit an account to support the shop through a potentially overwhelming surge in order volume and prevent future policy violations.
To help members remediate issues, Etsy may suspend buying and selling privileges, remove a shop from search, or place a shop on pause.
What happens if my shop is suspended?
Some abilities and features are restricted when an account is suspended. If your account is suspended, you can’t:
- Place orders on Etsy
- Receive new orders, and your shop isn’t viewable on Etsy
- Access the Etsy apps
- Create listings in your shop
- Purchase or print Etsy shipping labels
- Cancel existing orders
- View reviews left by buyers in your shop
- Run an Etsy Ads campaign
You can continue to:
- Access your accounts by visiting Etsy.com using a web browser
- Read and respond to Messages, and create new Messages
- Mark orders as complete and upload tracking information
- Issue full and partial refunds
- View your case history and resolve those that are open
- View new and completed orders
- View and settle your balance in your payment account
What happens if my shop is removed from Etsy search?
If your shop is removed from our search, your shop and listings won’t appear in search results on Etsy.
Buyers can still place orders if they have a direct link to your shop or a specific listing. You'll also continue to have access to all sections of your account in the Etsy apps and Etsy.com, including order history, cases, and Messages. You can issue refunds, cancel orders, and print Etsy shipping labels.
While your shop is unsearchable, you may be charged for ads from before your shop became unsearchable, but ads on Etsy.com won’t run and you won’t be charged fees for them. If a buyer purchases from your shop after clicking an Offsite Ad in the last 30 days, you will be charged.
What happens if my shop is on pause?
Etsy may place your shop on pause via Vacation Mode. While in this state, your listings will no longer appear in our search results and cannot be purchased. If you’re running an Etsy Ads campaign, your ads won’t be displayed and you won’t be charged during this time. You also won’t be charged listing or subscription fees while your shop is on pause.
How can I restore my account?
Before you contact Etsy to have your shop reviewed for reinstatement:
- Resolve any open cases your shop has received
- Refund or provide proof of shipping for all overdue orders
- Communicate with buyers about their order statuses
Depending on the reason your account was limited, you may see a banner in your Shop Manager displaying the status of your shop, and you may also receive an email from Etsy with details about the state of your account. If you’ve received an email about your account status, you should respond directly to that email; however, if it is from firstname.lastname@example.org and you have questions, click Contact support at the bottom of this page.