Etsy connects people looking for unique goods with independent sellers around the world. Everything listed for sale on Etsy must be handmade, vintage, or a craft supply. Items sold on Etsy must also follow our Prohibited Items Policy.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller.
If you sell handmade items, you must:
- Physically make or create the original designs for your items.
- Include each person involved in making your items or running your business in the About section of your shop. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- Use your own photographs in your listings.
Read our full Handmade Policy.
Vintage items must be at least 20 years old. Newer, vintage-style, or collectible items aren’t allowed in this category.
Craft supplies on Etsy are tools, ingredients, or materials whose primary purpose is for use in the creation of an item or special occasion. Craft supplies may be handmade, commercial, or vintage. Party supplies may also be sold as craft supplies.
What can't be sold on Etsy
Prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Etsy.
Reselling is not allowed in the handmade category on Etsy. Reselling on Etsy means listing an item as handmade when you weren’t involved in designing or making that item.
Several types of items are prohibited from being sold on Etsy, including:
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, drug paraphernalia, and medical drugs
- Certain animal products and human remains
- Dangerous items, including hazardous materials, recalled items, and weapons
- Hate items, including items that promote, support, or glorify hatred
- Illegal items, items promoting illegal activity, and highly regulated items
- Internationally regulated items
- Pornography and mature content
- Violent items, including items that promote, support, or glorify violence
In general, services are not allowed to be sold on Etsy, unless they produce a new, tangible item that meets our marketplace criteria.
Items that violate our intellectual property policies
Items that violate our intellectual property policies are prohibited on Etsy.
What happens if I find a listing that violates Etsy’s policies?
You can report a listing that appears to violate our policies. Etsy may review and/or remove any listings that violate our policies.