The Etsy marketplace connects people looking for unique goods with independent sellers around the world. Everything listed for sale on Etsy must be handmade by you, vintage, or a craft supply. All items sold on Etsy must also follow our Prohibited Items Policy.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller.
If you sell handmade items, you must:
- Physically make or create the original designs for your items.
- Include each person involved in making your items or running your business in the About section of your shop. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- Use your own photographs in your listings.
Read our full Handmade Policy.
Can I resell handmade items?
Reselling is not allowed in the Handmade category on Etsy. Reselling on Etsy means listing an item as handmade when you, the seller, weren’t involved in designing or making that item. Learn more about our policy on reselling.
Vintage items must be at least 20 years old. Newer, vintage-style, or collectible items aren’t allowed in this category.
Craft supplies on Etsy are tools, ingredients, or materials whose primary purpose is for use in the creation of an item or special occasion. Craft supplies may be handmade, commercial, or vintage. Party supplies may also be sold as craft supplies.
Digital items are files that buyers can purchase from your shop and download. Like handmade items, digital items listed in your store must be made and/or designed by you, the seller. Digital items can either be pre-made files, or files you custom make and deliver to the buyer after purchase.
Several types of items are prohibited from being sold on Etsy, including:
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, drug paraphernalia, and medical drugs
- Certain animal products and human remains
- Dangerous items, including hazardous materials, recalled items, and weapons
- Hate items, including items that promote, support, or glorify hatred
- Illegal items, items promoting illegal activity, and highly regulated items
- Internationally regulated items
- Pornography and mature content
- Violent items, including items that promote, support, or glorify violence
Listings that violate Etsy’s Intellectual Property Policy
As a venue, Etsy isn’t in a position to offer legal advice or determine whether your shop content infringes someone else’s intellectual property.
If you're not sure if your item(s) infringe someone’s intellectual property, you can contact the intellectual property owner or consult an attorney.
If Etsy receives proper notice of intellectual property infringement, we will comply with our policy and remove the specified material.
Services or rentals
In general, services, including rentals, are not allowed to be sold on Etsy. Only services that produce a new tangible item that meets our Seller Policies may be sold on Etsy.
Metaphysical services or items
Metaphysical services, such as reiki and spell casting, are prohibited on Etsy. With this in mind, tarot or psychic readings that include a physical or digital copy of said readings (e.g., a recording, email, or tarot spread photo) may be sold on Etsy.
Supplies related to spell work, such as herbs, crystals, candles, and tinctures, may be sold on Etsy as long as they are not listed with metaphysical claims.
What happens if I find a listing that violates Etsy’s policies?
You can report a listing that appears to violate our policies. Etsy may review and/or remove any listings that violate our policies.