If you contacted the seller about an order, and the seller hasn’t responded in a reasonable amount of time, you have a few options:
- Contact the seller over email
- If your order hasn’t arrived, or the items aren’t as they were described on Etsy, you can open a case
- If you have other concerns, you can contact Etsy Support for help
Contact the seller over email
You can contact the seller over email even if they’re not responding to you on Etsy. To find the seller’s email address:
- On Etsy.com, click the Your Account icon.
- Click Purchases and reviews.
- Click View receipt next to the order you’re interested in.
- Scroll to the bottom of the receipt and click the seller’s email address. This will open your default email client, and you can send the seller an email directly.
Be sure that your order is placed through Etsy. If you purchase from a seller outside of Etsy, Etsy can’t help if you have trouble.
Open a case
Cases are a formal way to file a dispute against a seller. To open a case:
- Sign in to Etsy.com or open the Etsy app.
- Click or tap the Your Account icon.
- Click or tap Purchases and reviews.
- Click Help with order next to the order you’re interested in. On the Etsy app, tap the order you’re interested in, then tap Help with order under your order.
- Click or tap Still need help?
- Click or tap Yes, I want to open a case.
- Choose your reason for opening a case and click or tap Next.
- Provide the supporting details for your case.
- Click or tap Submit.
It may either be too soon or too late to file a case.
If you don’t have an Etsy account, or can’t find your order in your account, you may have ordered as a guest. To open a case when you ordered as a guest, create an Etsy account and link your order, then open a case.
Contact Etsy Support
Etsy Support can help with other problems or questions. To contact Etsy Support, click Contact support at the bottom of this page.
If a shop isn’t responding to your messages, and you should have received your item, you may be able to open a case. If you already opened a case, and the seller hasn’t responded, you may be able to escalate your case to Etsy.
If your order hasn’t arrived, first check if the order has tracking information. If the order hasn’t arrived by its estimated delivery date, you may want to open a case.
You can check your order’s tracking information on the Purchases page. Next to your order, you’ll see the shipping status.
If the seller added tracking information, you’ll see Track Package under the shipping status. Click Track Package to see tracking updates from the shipping carrier.
If your order is Not Shipped yet, you may be able to open a case.
A case is a formal way to file a complaint against a shop. You can file a case after the date when your order should arrive.
To start a case, click Choose your order and select the order. Click Open a case at the bottom of the page.
If you don’t see the option to open a case, it may be too soon to file a case.
The seller has three days to resolve your case. Most sellers respond within these three days, and sellers can resolve most issues with an order.
If the case isn’t resolved within three days, you can escalate the case to Etsy. You’ll only have this option after the case has been open for three days. From your case log, click the case, then click Escalate.
Once the case is escalated, a specialist at Etsy will mediate the case to determine a final decision.
If you need to cancel the order, you need to contact the seller directly. Each seller manages their own cancelations and refunds.
To request that the seller cancel an order, choose the order you’d like to cancel. Click View shop’s return policy to check the shop’s cancellation policy. If the seller accepts cancellations or you’d like to discuss your options about canceling your order, click Message seller.
It's up to the seller to decide whether or not they will accept your cancellation request.
Sellers selling face masks and covers are experiencing high volumes currently. Please remember that Etsy sellers are small businesses and are working hard to fulfill their orders as quickly as possible.
If you ordered a mask and the seller hasn't responded, please give them a few days to help you.
If Etsy or the seller issued you a refund for your order, go to your Purchases and reviews page and click View Receipt to confirm that your order has been refunded.
If you're still having trouble and the seller hasn’t responded, or if you have other questions about your order, click I still need help and we'd be happy to assist.