We’re currently testing a prototype that will allow an Etsy seller to cancel an order and issue a refund to their buyer in one streamlined process.
This prototype is open to all Etsy sellers, but the new one-step cancellation process will only apply to Etsy Payments orders. If you enroll in the prototype, sales made using your own PayPal account will still follow the old cancellation process.
How do I join the prototype?
To join the prototype:
Once in the prototype group, you can ask questions and provide feedback about the cancellation process by posting to the discussion board.
How do I cancel a sale once I’m enrolled in the prototype?
To cancel a sale :
- On Etsy.com, click You.
- Click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Access the Cancel an order page, which can be done in two ways:
- Desktop only: Click the … (ellipsis) icon next to the order you want to cancel. Then, click Cancel.
- Desktop and mobile web: In the Order Detail overlay, click Cancel.
- Select a reason for cancellation from the dropdown.
- Review the refund amount due to the buyer.
- In the text box below the buyer’s refund total, Write an optional message to your buyer.
- Click Cancel order.
After you click Cancel order, the order will be canceled and the buyer will be automatically refunded.