If you have feedback about these changes, we encourage you to let us know by filling out our survey.
Required estimated delivery date details
All listings that ship from the US to buyers in the US are required to have the following pieces of information:
- A processing time to indicate how long you need to get an order ready and handed off to your shipping carrier. Learn how to set a processing time.
- A shipping carrier and mail class for standard domestic shipping. Selecting Other as your shipping carrier also requires that you set your own estimated delivery time. Keep in mind, Etsy will automatically adjust USPS delivery times to account for delays and other disruptions, but only when using the available presets.
- An origin ZIP code, which is the ZIP code the item is shipping from
We use these details to show shoppers the best estimated delivery date on your listing, which lets them know when to expect their order.
When do I need to add this information?
These required estimated delivery date details will be required when:
- You create, copy, or modify a shipping profile
- You create, copy, or modify a listing
- You renew a listing manually
- A listing renews automatically. A listing automatically renews if it is sold and it still has a quantity greater than zero, or if it reaches the end of the 4-month listing period and the listing has been set to automatic renewal.
Beginning September 22, if a listing is about to renew automatically, but is missing any required estimated delivery date information at that time, it will not renew. Instead, the listing will:
- Become expired if it reached the end of its 4-month listing period;
- Become inactive if it sold and had additional quantities remaining.
To update and renew these listings:
- Go to your Shipping settings.
- Click the Update alert below either the shipping profile name or the listing title you’d like to update.
- Provide the required information in the Edit shipping profile or Edit custom shipping options overlay that appears, then click either Save profile or Update listing.
- In the following renew overlay, review the listings you’d like to renew and any associated costs, then click Renew.
If you’d prefer to renew at a later time, click Renew later.
How will I know if this information is missing?
If one of your shipping profiles is missing estimated delivery date information, an alert will be displayed on your Shipping settings page. This only applies to shipping profiles with at least one active listing attached to them.
Active listings with custom shipping settings will show in the Custom shipping settings section on your Shipping settings page. If one of your listings with custom shipping settings is missing estimated delivery date information, an alert will be displayed.
In Listings Manager, if one of your listings is missing estimated delivery date information, an alert will be displayed.
Required tracking for certain orders
Orders that are shipping and are at least $10 USD (excluding shipping, taxes, gift wrap, and discounts) can be marked as complete only after tracking information is added to the order. We know that it’s not always possible to offer tracking, so this change won’t apply in the following instances:
- Digital items, including custom digital items
- Customized order additions linked to another order
- Orders not being shipped (local pickup/delivery)
- Oversized and heavy items
You’ll have the option to choose Other and add a quick explanation for why you can’t add tracking for an order.
Adding tracking to your physical orders is one of the criteria for the Star Seller badge. Marking your order complete without adding tracking will not count as a tracked order towards Star Seller eligibility.
I purchased shipping labels on Etsy
When you purchase shipping labels on Etsy, the process of adding tracking to the order and marking it as complete happens automatically. We offer a variety of shipping methods to choose from, including postage for flats and letter mail, all of which include tracking in the postage price.
Make sure the carrier receives your order and you mark it complete by the ship by date you choose during label purchase so it arrives within your estimated delivery time. If you don’t plan to ship the package that day, you can choose a ship date up to two days in the future during label purchase.
I did not purchase shipping labels on Etsy
If you purchase shipping labels in-person from a carrier, manually add the tracking number to your order on Etsy once you have it, and then mark the order as complete. If you purchase shipping labels from a third-party platform, a tracking number must be added to your order on Etsy once you have it.
Make sure the carrier receives your order and you mark it complete by the ship by date so it arrives within your estimated delivery time. If you don’t plan to ship the package that day, you can choose a future ship date up to two days in the future.
Best practices for marking an order complete
If you haven’t purchased shipping labels on Etsy, make sure you don’t manually mark your order complete until it is in possession of the shipping carrier.
Your buyer is notified when their order is marked as complete on the selected ship date and provided an estimated delivery date. If you mark an order as complete and hand off the order to the carrier on a later date than the ship date, you could cause confusion for your buyer.