With Explore, you can create and upload video posts through the Etsy Seller app that will be featured on the Etsy shopping app.
Explore videos can include sound, and can be anywhere from 2 seconds to 3 minutes long. This gives you space to connect with shoppers and tell the story of your products.
To start making videos for your shop with Explore, download Etsy Seller from the Apple App Store. Currently, the Explore feature is only available for sellers who are English speaking and are in the US using the Etsy Seller App on iOS. Additionally, your shop must be in good standing with Etsy. You can read more about Explore’s terms, here.
If you have any feedback about Explore, we’d love to hear from you through our feedback survey.
How to create a post
There are a few steps to creating a post using Explore.
- Once you’ve downloaded Etsy Seller, sign in.
- Go to the Home tab.
- Tap Check out Explore.
- Tap Create a Post.
- Select a video from your camera roll (you may have to give the app permission to access).
- Add a descriptive caption and select a video type.
- Select a listing to link to your Post (if nothing is selected, the Post will direct buyers to your Shop Home).
- Tap Post to complete upload.
The video you upload can be up to 3 minutes long and can include sound, and can’t exceed more than 750MB. Make sure any audio you include is in accordance with our Seller Policy.
Can I save a video as a draft?
There isn’t a way to save a video post as a draft, so videos must be posted as soon as they’re uploaded.
- Tap the pencil icon next to Write a Caption.
- Write your caption.
- Tap Save.
You have the option to link up to 5 active listings from your shop. If there’s no listing attached, your video will direct buyers to your shop home.
- Tap the pencil icon next to Link to a shop listing.
- Find the listing you want using the filters Recently modified, Title A–Z, or Top selling.
- Tap on a listing to select it.
What happens if the listing I link my video to sells out?
If the listing becomes sold out or otherwise inactive, the post will remain active and the linked listing will be replaced with a link to your shop home instead.
You can designate videos uploaded through Explore as being in the following categories:
About me and my shop: Have buyers get to know you by introducing yourself and your shop.
How to use my item: Help buyers style your item and use it in real life.
- How I make this item: Reveal the behind the scenes of how you create your item.
- Memes and skits: Make buyers laugh as they view the items in your shop.
How to designate a video type:
- Tap the pencil icon next to Tag your video type.
- Choose the option that best describes your video.
- Tap Add to post.
When your video is ready, tap Post Now and it will begin uploading. A success message will appear when the upload is complete.
If you’ve left any of the required fields blank or if the video doesn’t meet the length or size requirements, you’ll see an error message.
How to delete a post
To delete one of your video posts:
- In Explore, go to your post grid.
- Tap on the post you’d like to delete.
- Tap the ... (ellipsis) icon and select Delete.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
How to monitor your post's performance
When your video posts become visible to buyers, you’ll be able to see how each post is performing through the following metrics:
- Total reach: The number of unique buyers that have seen your post.
- Total likes: The number buyers who liked your post.
- Revenue from your post: The total amount made from a sale attached to your post.
- Listing visits: The number of buyers who visited a listing attached to your post.
- Shop visits: The number of buyers who visited your shop after viewing your post.
- Comments: Number of buyers who commented on your posts
How to create a video post shoppers will love
For the best engagement with shoppers, we recommend uploading at least two videos a week. Consider posting to Explore every time you post to social media.
Showcase your process
Videos that show how an item is created, finished, or packaged can help establish a meaningful connection with shoppers. Invite buyers into your creative process by sharing the inspiration, design, and step-by-step techniques you use every day.
Demonstrate items in the real world
Consider showing your items in the context or setting where they’re meant to be used or seen. Videos like these can inspire shoppers and help them imagine how the items fit into their space or their lives.
Tell your shop’s story
Posts that tell the history of your business and highlight the people who make or curate your items can help shoppers feel more connected to your shop.
Keep your posts relevant
Explore posts should be relevant to Etsy and your linked item so you can inspire shoppers and help them make informed purchasing decisions. Make sure your posts follow the guidelines for creating and updating content in the Seller Policy.
Posts that are considered off-topic that may be removed include:
- Social, political, or religious commentary
- Complaints about Etsy, business partners, buyers, or other services (for example, a shipping carrier, a maker fair, or a craft supply store)
- Discussion of other marketplaces, or of brands which are not directly related to the production of the featured item
- Pervasive profanity
Additional ideas and inspiration
If you need some more ideas to get started, tap Tips on the main Explore screen.
The Seller Handbook is full of great resources for creating effective videos:
- How to Create Engaging Explore Videos Shoppers Will Love
- How to Take Listing Videos With Your Smartphone
- How to Make a Shop Video with Your Smartphone
- 3 Types of Listing Videos Online Shoppers Love
How to see your post on Explore
To see your video post as it appears to buyers, sign in to the most up-to-date version of the Etsy shopping app for iOS and select the Explore tab. Scroll through the Explore feed to see your video as it appears to shoppers. You can also check out videos from other sellers in the Etsy community.