With Explore, you can create and upload video posts through the Etsy Seller Preview app for your shop’s home page on the Etsy shopping app.
Explore videos can include sound, and can be anywhere from 2 seconds to 3 minutes long. This gives you space to connect with shoppers and tell the story of your shop.
Explore is a new feature that we’re testing and is currently invite-only. We plan to expand to more sellers in the future. Currently it is only available to U.S. iOS sellers.
If you have any feedback about Explore, we’d love to hear from you through our feedback survey.
How to get started with Explore
Etsy Seller Preview is an app where we introduce new features for Sell on Etsy. You must use Etsy Seller Preview to access Explore, and you’ll only see Explore if you’ve received an email from Etsy inviting you to use the feature. Learn more about the Etsy Seller Preview app.
How to create a post
There are a few steps to creating a post using Explore.
- Once you’ve downloaded Etsy Seller Preview, sign in.
- Go to the Home tab.
- Tap Check out Explore.
- Tap Create a Post.
- Select a video from your camera roll (you may have to give the app permission to access).
- Add a descriptive caption and select a video type.
- Select a listing to link to your Post (if nothing is selected, the Post will direct buyers to your Shop Home).
- Tap Post to complete upload.
The video you upload can be up to 3 minutes long and can include sound, and can’t exceed more than 750MB. Make sure any audio you include is in accordance with our Seller Policy.
Can I save a video as a draft?
There isn’t a way to save a video post as a draft, so videos must be posted as soon as they’re uploaded.
- Tap the pencil icon next to Write a Caption.
- Write your caption.
- Tap Save.
You have the option to link up to 5 active listings from your shop. If there’s no listing attached, your video will direct buyers to your shop home.
- Tap the pencil icon next to Link to a shop listing.
- Find the listing you want using the filters Recently modified, Title A–Z, or Top selling.
- Tap on a listing to select it.
What happens if the listing I link my video to sells out?
If the listing becomes sold out or otherwise inactive, the post will remain active and the linked listing will be replaced with a link to your shop home instead.
You can designate videos uploaded through Explore as being in the following categories:
- Item Showcase: Show off an item’s details and the different varieties of it you have available.
- Creative Process: Give buyers a behind-the-scenes look at how your items are made or where they come from.
- Item Demo: Give a demonstration of your item in action, showcasing how a buyer can use it.
- Packing an Order: Invite your buyers behind the scenes and show your packing and shipping processes.
- Lifestyle Scene: Focus on style, mood, or aesthetic, and show how buyers can express themselves with your item.
- Tutorial: Give buyers instructions on how you make your crafts and how they can do it themselves.
How to designate a video type:
- Tap the pencil icon next to Tag your video type.
- Choose the option that best describes your video.
- Tap Add to post.
When your video is ready, tap Post Now and it will begin uploading. A success message will appear when the upload is complete.
If you’ve left any of the required fields blank or if the video doesn’t meet the length or size requirements, you’ll see an error message.
How to delete a post
To delete one of your video posts:
- In Explore, go to your post grid.
- Tap on the post you’d like to delete.
- Tap the ... (ellipsis) icon and select Delete.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
How to monitor your post's performance
When your video posts become visible to buyers, you’ll be able to see how each post is performing through the following metrics:
- Total reach: The Number of unique buyers that have seen your post.
- How many buyers favorited your post: The total number of favorites for each post.
- Revenue from your post: The total amount made from a sale attached to your post.
- Listing visits: The number of buyers who visited a listing attached to your post.
- Shop visits: The number of buyers who visit your shop after viewing your post.
How to create a video post shoppers will love
For the best engagement with shoppers, we recommend uploading at least two videos a week. Consider posting to Explore every time you post to social media.
Showcase your process
Videos that show how an item is created, finished, or packaged can help establish a meaningful connection with shoppers. Invite buyers into your creative process by sharing the inspiration, design, and step-by-step techniques you use every day.
Demonstrate items in the real world
Consider showing your items in the context or setting where they’re meant to be used or seen. Videos like these can inspire shoppers and help them imagine how the items fit into their space or their lives.
Tell your shop’s story
Posts that tell the history of your business and highlight the people who make or curate your items can help shoppers feel more connected to your shop.
Keep your posts relevant
Explore posts should be relevant to Etsy and your linked item so you can inspire shoppers and help them make informed purchasing decisions. Make sure your posts follow the guidelines for creating and updating content in the Seller Policy.
Posts that are considered off-topic that may be removed include:
- Social, political, or religious commentary
- Complaints about Etsy, business partners, buyers, or other services (for example, a shipping carrier, a maker fair, or a craft supply store)
- Discussion of other marketplaces, or of brands which are not directly related to the production of the featured item
- Pervasive profanity
Additional ideas and inspiration
If you need some more ideas to get started, tap Get inspired on the main Explore screen.
The Seller Handbook is full of great resources for creating effective videos:
- How to Take Listing Videos With Your Smartphone
- How to Make a Shop Video with Your Smartphone
- 3 Types of Listing Videos Online Shoppers Love
How to see your post on Explore
To see your video post as it appears to buyers, sign in to the most up-to-date version of the Etsy shopping app and select the Explore tab. Scroll through the Explore feed to see your video as it appears to shoppers. You can also check out videos from other sellers in the Etsy community.