On April 17th, access to the legacy Sell on Etsy App will start being phased out on all platforms. In the weeks following this date, sellers may find themselves unable to use the Sell on Etsy App, and will be redirected to download and use the new Etsy Seller App instead.
Access to the Sell on Etsy App is scheduled to end for all sellers by the end of May. Please download the latest version of the Etsy Seller App to continue managing your shop from your mobile device.
The Etsy Seller app is designed to be a modernized seller-only mobile experience for Android devices, iPhones, and iPads. This new app was made to improve the mobile seller experience and continue to roll out highly requested features faster and more efficiently than was possible with the previous version of the app.
Download the Etsy Seller app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. If you already have the app, be sure it’s up-to-date to get all the newest features and bug fixes.
You can access your existing shop through the Etsy Seller app. If you need to create a new shop, sign into Etsy.com on a desktop or mobile browser.
Upcoming features to the Etsy Seller app
The Etsy Seller app was built with feedback from the seller community in mind, so we will continue to make additions and improvements to it in our efforts to create the best app experience for you.
These are some of the features that we’re currently developing and will be available soon:
Upcoming Features for the Etsy Seller App
Expected Release Window*
The ability to view listing stats in a consolidated overview
The ability to access vacation settings and shop announcements
The ability to edit or add variations for existing listings
*These release windows are our best estimate of when we will be able to deliver this content to sellers in the app, and we reserve the right to change or modify the dates as needed. We will update these dates if the timing for these releases changes.
If there are any features you would like to see in future updates, please let us know through our feedback survey.
The app is divided into the following sections:
The Home section is where you’ll find your shop dashboard. Here you’ll find a quick view of your shop stats, updates about your sales, and helpful information from Etsy.
You can also access your account settings through the gear icon.
The Home section contains:
- Your shop stats: Check your views, visits, orders, and revenue at a glance. More detailed shop stats are available in the More tab.
- Shop advisor: View reminders in your shop that might need attention, such as a listing that's about to expire, an overdue bill, or a new case.
- Your shop’s checklist: The shop checklist provides helpful information on shop management, including reminders for setting up free shipping, links to Help Center articles, and any required updates to keep your shop running smoothly.
- Updates from your shop: See your newest orders, reviews, and updates about your customers.
You can read and reply to messages from other Etsy members in the Messages section.
In Messages, you can:
- Access orders: When a buyer places an order, a shortcut to the order details appears at the top of your message thread with that buyer. You can also cancel the order directly from the message.
- Upload images: Send photos in a message thread by selecting the camera icon.
- Send listings or create a private listing for a custom order: To send a buyer links to your active listings in a message thread, select the Send listings button. You can select multiple active listings from an alphabetical list before you hit Send. To create a private listing for a buyer’s custom order request, you can select Create private listing from the Send listings button.
- Send saved replies: When responding to messages, sellers who have set up saved replies for their Etsy shop can send them using the Saved replies button.
This section shows your open orders, displayed by “ship by” date. You can also sort and filter them from newest to oldest, by their completion status, or by any custom order steps you’ve created in Shop Manager.
A badge with the number of open orders will appear next to Orders on the navigation bar. You will also see a badge indicating if an order is from a repeat customer.
Only full refunds can be processed within the Etsy Seller app for Etsy Payments transactions. To issue a partial refund, use your Shop Manager on Etsy.com.
From the Orders section you can:
- Search and filter orders: Filter orders between open and completed, and sort by newest to oldest, ship by date, or destination.
- Complete orders: Mark orders as shipped and add tracking information to orders.
- Purchase and print shipping labels for US domestic orders only.
- Cancel orders and issue refunds: To cancel an order and refund the buyer, select the Cancel Order button on the order details page. This option is only for giving full refunds to the buyer.
- Access order messages: Directly open an existing message thread with a buyer when viewing an order on the Orders page.
In the Listings section, you can add and manage your existing listings, renew listings that are expiring soon, and add or edit listing photos and videos.
You can also:
- Search listings: Search through your current listings by title or SKU. You can also see low quantity and sold out alerts on your listings.
- Filter and organize listings: Sort by listing status, recent activity, top selling, and more.
- Manage shop sections: Edit or add listings shown in existing shop sections.
- View listing performance: See your listing performance and add listings to your ad campaign, or feature them on your shop homepage. You can also read the latest reviews left on your listings.
- Edit your renewal settings: You can adjust the renewal settings for any listing in your shop from the app.
Selecting the More tab brings up a scrollable menu where you can access your reviews and shop stats, manage your shop marketing and finances, adjust the app’s settings, and more. You can also switch to a different account or log out from this tab.
In the More tab, you'll find:
- Reviews: View the overall review rating for your shop as well as how buyers rate your shop in terms of item quality, customer service, and shipping. From here you can reply publicly to buyer reviews or message them privately.
- Stats: See a breakdown of your total visits and how buyers found your shop, such as through social media, Etsy Ads, and more. You can also get insight into which of your items buyers are favoriting, and view how your listings are performing.
- View shop on Etsy: See a web view of your shop.
- Star Seller: Track your progress towards becoming a Star Seller.
- Explore: Connect with buyers and showcase your items by creating video posts for your shop’s home page. Video posts made with Explore can be anywhere from 2 seconds to 3 minutes long and can include sound. This feature is only available on the iOS version of the app.
- Etsy Ads: Start promoting your listings and see how your Etsy Ads campaigns have impacted your shop’s performance.
- Sales and Discounts: Create and manage new sales, coupons, and automatic offers to send to buyers. In Overall performance, you can see how discounts have impacted your orders over a period of time.
- Payment account: See how much has been spent on fees, review your monthly fee statements, check how much is available for deposit, and look at your recent Etsy Payments order activity.
- Payment settings: Adjust your deposit schedule, change payment methods, and update or add a billing credit card here. If you're a US-based seller, you can also view your sales tax settings from this section.
- Notifications: Edit your preferences for push notifications from the Etsy Seller app.
- Theme & appearance: Set the app’s appearance to either Light or Dark mode, or set it to match your device’s appearance.
You can access the Etsy Help Center and Etsy Policies from here.
What are the requirements for using the Etsy Seller app?
The Etsy Seller app is designed for devices running Android 8.0 (Oreo) and above, and iPhones and iPads running iOS 14.x or above.
To make sure the Etsy Seller app functions as intended, sellers should not download any other version of the Etsy Seller app outside of Google Play or the iOS App Store.