Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues related to shipment pickup or questions about Shiprocket services.
Through our integration with shipping provider Shiprocket, sellers in India can purchase and print domestic shipping labels from various carriers - such as Blue Dart, Delhivery, Xpressbees, and eCom - directly from their Shop Manager. Sellers in India can purchase and print international shipping labels through our shipping partner Yakit.
Jump to a section:
- What are the requirements for using shipping labels through Shiprocket?
- How do I get my account set up and verified?
- How do I purchase shipping labels?
- What if my order qualifies for an exception?
- How do I schedule a shipment pickup?
- What shipping services can I use?
- How do I request a refund?
- How does Shiprocket handle shipping insurance?
What are the requirements for using shipping labels through Shiprocket?
To purchase and use shipping labels through Shiprocket on Etsy, you must:
- Be an Etsy seller whose shop is located in India;
- Be enrolled to accept domestic payments through Razorpay;
- Live in (or have a pickup address in) a PIN code serviceable by one of the available carriers or carrier partners*;
- Complete signup and accept Shiprocket’s Terms & Conditions;
- Use shipment pickup for orders shipped using shipping labels on Etsy and create a manifest for pickups;
- Provide a phone number for authentication purposes. This is also used for carrier services, including, but not limited to, sending text messages and/or calling you to confirm pick-up information.
*Once you complete onboarding, your address cannot be changed.
You can purchase shipping labels on Etsy.com from a desktop computer or the mobile site.
How do I get my account set up and verified?
Before you can purchase domestic shipping labels on Etsy, you’ll need to sign up with our shipping partner Shiprocket. During this process, you'll confirm your Etsy pickup and billing addresses, as well as your phone number.
You will receive a one-time PIN (OTP) at the provided phone number that you need to enter to complete signup. If you enter your OTP incorrectly three times, you will need to wait at least thirty minutes before trying again. If you request a OTP three times, you must wait thirty minutes before being able to request a new OTP.
To get started, navigate to Shipping labels options. Here you can enroll in Yakit (for access to international shipping options), Shiprocket (for access to domestic shipping options), or both at the same time (recommended).
To sign up with Shiprocket, select Sign up now under Domestic.
Once you’ve completed the signup process, you will need to accept Shiprocket’s Terms & Conditions and any applicable terms for each carrier, which you can do during the initial onboarding process. Once you accept the Terms & Conditions, you’ll be able to create shipping labels for Blue Dart, Delhivery, Xpressbees, and eCom.
If you have not signed up with Shiprocket, you will be prompted to do so when attempting to complete your first qualifying domestic order.
How do I purchase shipping labels?
To buy shipping labels on Etsy through Shiprocket:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Go to Shop Manager.
- Go to Orders & Shipping.
- Select the order(s) you want to buy a shipping label for.
- Select Complete order.
- Choose the Ship date.
- Under Ship to, check that the buyer’s address is correct. If you need to update their address, select Edit.
- Fill out the Shipping information for the package. Learn more about shipping information.
- If needed, select Add another label to this order and repeat the above steps.
- Select Review your purchase to view a summary of your purchase. Here you can choose whether to receive a copy of any shipping notifications that are sent.
- Confirm the documents you’d like to print. Select Customize options to specify a download preference for your label(s).
A shipping notification is sent to your buyer on the Ship Date you selected, and your order is Complete. Now you can print your shipping label and your manifest and schedule a shipment pickup with the carrier.
To see all your purchased labels, select Purchased labels from your Completed orders tab.
Shipping labels can be purchased through Shiprocket on Etsy for orders valued up to Fifty Thousand INR (₹50,000). If the order is valued at more than this amount, you will not be able to use the purchased shipping label for the order and will need to request a refund.
If you have an order valued at more than ₹50,000, you are welcome to ship through other means and complete the order on Etsy manually. If you ship through other means, keep in mind an E-Way Bill is required when shipping goods valued greater than ₹50,000.
What shipping information is required?
The shipping information helps us give you an accurate estimate for the cost of your shipping label.
- Package weight: The weight of the package
- Package type: The package type depends on how you package the order.
- Length, Width, Height: The physical dimensions of your package
- Delivery service: The delivery service determines how quickly the order ships to the buyer, and affects the price of shipping.
How much do shipping labels cost?
The cost of a shipping label will depend on the origin, destination, weight, and dimensions of the package. When you purchase shipping labels through Shiprocket for your Etsy packages, you get discounted volume shipping rates. Aside from Etsy’s standard fees, there are no additional membership fees to purchase and use shipping labels on Etsy.
You can preview the rates available through your Etsy account prior to purchasing a shipping label.
To preview shipping rates:
- Go to Shipping labels options.
- Find Shipment details.
- Go to Customize package details.
- Choose an existing preset or customize your own.
- Choose a destination country.
Rates for available services will be shown, as well as whether that service is enabled for your account.
You can also preview the cost during label purchase after you add your package details. The cost of each purchased shipping label appears separately in your Payment account.
What if my order qualifies for an exception?
The following situations are some of the reasons an order might be able to be completed without purchasing a domestic shipping label from Etsy:
- Item is digital
- Either the buyer’s or the seller's PIN isn’t covered
- Package is too heavy (package’s actual/volumetric weight must be less than 25kg)
- The order is worth over 50,000 INR
- Package will ship from outside India
- It’s an international shipment
- Item is prohibited or restricted from being shipped by Etsy’s shipping partner or carrier
- Shiprocket and/or the carriers that supply labels purchased on Etsy are having service disruptions
If your order automatically qualifies for an exemption, you will be directed to purchase a label from another carrier. Under Shipping carrier, select the shipping carrier you’re using to ship the order, then enter an applicable Tracking number.
If your order doesn’t automatically qualify for an exemption, you may be able to apply for one.
How do I apply for an exception?
Etsy sellers in India can apply for an exemption and request to ship an order through other means in the following scenarios:
- The order contains precious stones, gems, and metals.
- You use a 3rd party production partner that ships out your orders from another location in India, such as a print-on-demand service.
If your order fits these criteria, you can contact Etsy’s India support team from the label purchasing form and request an exception. The request will be reviewed within approximately one business day, and a member of the support team will call back with a decision. If approved, you will be able to complete your order without purchasing a label from Etsy.
How do I schedule a shipment pickup?
Shipment pickup is required when using shipping labels purchased on Etsy through Shiprocket. Shipments cannot be dropped off in person. Pickups scheduled before 1pm IST are usually picked up the same day, usually between 2–7pm IST. Pickups scheduled after 1pm IST may be performed the next day. Pickups can be scheduled with each carrier individually.
Request a pickup
To request a pickup:
- Finish purchasing shipping labels for your open orders.
- Go to your Shop Manager.
- Select Request a pickup.
By default, all shipping labels for the same carrier with a Ship Date on or before the next available pickup date are included in a pickup request.
After requesting a shipment pickup, you will be prompted to print a shipment manifest. This is a document that lists the packages included in your shipment pickup. You should print a single copy for the carrier to sign, then retain for your records.
After the pickup request is completed
After the pickup request is completed, the courier will call you with the phone number you provided at sign-up to confirm and schedule your pickup. The timing of the call may vary, but will take place on the day of the scheduled pickup. You can communicate any changes to the timing of the pickup at this time. You must confirm all details of your pickup request during this call.
Combine all packages from a single pickup request into one shipment using a bag or box. Hand this to the representative who completes the pickup request.
Can I add additional packages to a shipment pickup I already scheduled?
Once you schedule a shipment pickup, you can no longer add additional packages to it. If you do not hand over a package during your scheduled pickup, you will see a banner in your Orders & Shipping page telling you that it has been rescheduled for pickup the next day.
If you have purchased labels that are not associated with a pickup, you will see a banner prompting you to schedule one after your current request is complete.
What shipping services can I use?
Blue Dart, Delhivery, Xpressbees, and eCom are the carrier options available through Shiprocket.
When you purchase a shipping label and schedule a pickup, the necessary forms are provided to you. It’s your responsibility to ensure the required information is completed and accurate, and that you comply with the applicable carrier terms.
How do I request a refund?
You can request a refund for unused labels that have not been added to a pickup request within 14 days of purchase. Unfortunately, labels that have already been added to pickup requests are not eligible for refunds. Learn how to request a refund for a shipping label.
How does Shiprocket handle shipping insurance?
At this time, supplemental shipping insurance is not available for shipping labels purchased through Shiprocket. However, some shipping methods come with insurance included, noted at time of label purchase. Claims for included shipping insurance coverage must be filed with Shiprocket directly.