Interested in selling on Etsy? Welcome! We’ve created this guide to help you get your shop up and running.
Get started on Etsy
- If you’re new to Etsy, take some time to get to know us.
- Review our seller fees and policies to make sure that selling on Etsy is right for you and your business.
Ready to create an account? Learn how to do that here.
- Once you have an Etsy account, create your public profile and bio.
Open your shop
- Click Sell on Etsy at the top right of the site or Open a shop at the bottom left.
- Follow the prompt to select your shop language, country, and currency. See how your prices will appear to buyers around the world.
- Choose your shop name.
- Create your first listing. It can be for a physical item or a digital file.
- Decide which payment methods to accept. Learn about Etsy Payments here.
- Add your billing information. What we require will depend on where you’re located. You may need to enter your credit or debit card, PayPal, and/or bank details.
Once your shop is open
- Use Shop Sections to organize your items so buyers can find their way around your shop.
Marketing, branding, and promotion
- Make sure you’re optimizing your shop for Etsy Search. You can read more about Search Engine Optimization here. Make sure to add your location so that your shop can be found in local searches.
- Offer discounts to your buyers with sales and coupons.
- Consider marketing your shop through paid advertising. Learn more.
- Find a local craft fair or market where you can sell your goods.
- If you’re looking to expand your business by launching your own website for your shop, use Pattern by Etsy.
Manage your shop
- Make sure you follow these best practices so you’re qualified for Etsy’s Seller Protection Policy.
- Learn what to do when you make your first sale.
- Read about Etsy’s Review system.
- Manage your shop on the go using the Sell on Etsy app.
- Take a break from your shop when needed.