If you haven't already, be sure to contact your seller directly to ask about your refund.
To send a conversation to your seller, visit You > Purchases and reviews and click Contact The Shop to the right of your order.
If you checked out as a guest, you can contact the seller by replying to the receipt email that was sent to you after purchase.
If You Paid with a Credit Card Directly on Etsy:
- After your refund has been issued, it may take 3-5 business days to appear on your credit card statement. Occasionally, refunds issued to non-US credit cards can take up to 30 days to appear.
- A credit card refund can only be issued to the card used for the original purchase. It’s not possible to have your refund issued directly to a different card.
- If the original card used for payment is no longer valid and a replacement card has been issued, the refund should appear automatically on your new card. If a replacement card hasn’t been issued, please get in touch with your credit card provider for more information about how to receive your refund.
- If you have an Etsy account and want to review your order’s refund history, click You > Purchases and reviews and then the View Receipt button next to the transaction.
If You Paid via PayPal:
- If you're waiting for a refund through PayPal, double check your PayPal account and ask your seller directly about the refund.
- If you paid using a credit card without signing in to a PayPal account - using PayPal Guest Checkout - the money will go back to your credit or debit card. It can take up to 30 days for the refund to show up on your card statement.
- If the transaction is over 60 days old, the seller has to use PayPal's "Send Money" feature to send the refund to your PayPal account.