How Do I Purchase an Etsy Gift Card?
You must have an Etsy account to purchase an Etsy Gift Card. To open an account, please follow the instructions in this Help article.
Once your account is created, follow these steps:
- Click Gift cards at the bottom of any page.
- To send a gift card, choose the Email to recipient button. To print a paper gift card, select Printable (emailed to you).
- Note: Our custom designs at the top of the page are only available for e-gift cards at this time. Paper gift cards can be printed after checkout is complete.
- Choose a gift card amount from the options provided. We’re unable to offer custom gift card amounts. If sending an e-gift card, enter the recipient’s email address.
- Once you've made all your selections, click Add to Cart. If you’d like to purchase multiple gift cards, select the Add another gift card option in your cart.
- Click Proceed to checkout when you’re ready to make your purchase. After you submit your order, we’ll send an order confirmation to your email address. If you purchase an e-gift card, we’ll email the gift card to your recipient as soon as your order has been processed.
You won’t be able to purchase an Etsy Gift Card and check out from another shop in the same transaction. If you have other items in your cart, please move them to saved for later, and then purchase in a separate transaction.
Who Can Purchase Gift Cards? Who Can Receive Them?
Anyone with an Etsy account can redeem and use an Etsy Gift Card. But gift cards can only be purchased by members with a valid credit card and with a billing address in an eligible country.
Countries eligible for purchasing an Etsy Gift Card
|Croatia||Hong Kong||New Zealand||Sweden|
|Czech Republic||Ireland||Poland||United Kingdom|
- Etsy Gift Cards are currently available in United States dollars (USD), British pounds (GBP), Canadian dollars (CAD), Australian dollars (AUD), and Euros (EUR).
- Etsy Gift Cards issued in GBP, AUD, and EUR expire 48 months from the date the Etsy Gift Card is purchased. The expiration date for each Etsy Gift Card is included in the email sent to the recipient.
Please note that you can’t use a prepaid credit card or PayPal to purchase an Etsy Gift Card.
My Recipient Hasn’t Received Their Gift Card. Help!
You can access the gift card in your Etsy account and provide your recipient with the gift card’s 16-digit redeem code. Go to You > Purchases and reviews, find the gift card, and click the link to print.
The redeem code will appear in the following format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
If you purchased an e-gift card and would like the gift card email re-sent to your recipient, click the contact link at the bottom of this page to get in touch with Etsy Support. Please provide your order number.
I Sent My Gift Card to the Wrong Email Address. What Should I Do?
We’re unable to change the recipient email address for a gift card, but you can access a print version of the gift card from your Etsy account.
To do so, go to You > Purchases and reviews, find your gift card order, and click the link to print your gift card.
You can print this page for your recipient or just give them the gift card's 16-character redeem code.
If you’d prefer to cancel the gift card, please contact Etsy Support by clicking the link at the bottom of this page and including your order number. You can then purchase another Etsy Gift Card with the preferred email address.
How Do I Print My Gift Card?
If you purchased a print gift card, click the Print Your Gift Card button on your order confirmation email. This will take you to a page that you can print from your Internet browser.
You can also print your gift card by visiting the Purchases and reviews page of your Etsy account. Find your gift card order and click the link to print.
How Do I Cancel a Gift Card?
An Etsy Gift Card can only be canceled and refunded if the balance hasn’t been used on a purchase. To request a gift card cancellation, please contact us and provide your order number.