A tag is a word or short phrase that describes your item. Etsy matches tags with shoppers' searches to find relevant results.
To improve where your items are appearing on Etsy, be sure to use your tags when listing your items!
- You can use up to 13 tags per item listing. A single tag can be a short descriptive phrase (for example: "silver earrings").
- Make sure your listings are tagged only with accurate and relevant words.
When tagging your items please review and follow:
Adding or updating tags
To add or change the tags to an existing listing:
1.) Go to Shop Manager > Listings and find the item(s) you'd like to update.
2.) Click the gear icon of the item and select Edit from the menu.
3.) Once on the listing page, scroll down to Tags toward the bottom of Listing details.
4.) Add some tags that best describe your item!
Characters and limits
- Tags can contain up to 20 characters.
- Punctuation and symbols aren't allowed in English tags, with the exception of: ™©
- You can use the following special characters in French and German tags:
À Á Â Ã Ä Å Æ Ç È É Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö Ø Œ Ù Ú Û Ü Ý Þ ß à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ñ ò ó ô õ ö ø œ ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ ' -
To learn more about how Etsy search works, check out this Help article.