Important: You must set both A records and CNAME records in order for your domain to properly connect to your Pattern site.
First, edit your A record information for your root domain.
- Go to https://my.bluehost.com/cgi-bin/cplogin to log in to your BlueHost control panel.
- Under the domain management section, click DNS Zone Editor.
- Click on the dropdown menu in the Select a Domain section and click on the domain you’d like to connect.
- In the A (Host) table, click the edit button in the @ row.
- Change the points to field to: 18.104.22.168
- Click save.
Next, edit your CNAME records for your subdomain.
- In the CNAME (Alias) table, click the edit button in the www row.
- Change the points to field to patternbyetsy.com
- Click save.
Once you have set up all of your records, you'll need to visit the Domains section of your Pattern Dashboard and type www.YourDomain.com into the field next to Own a domain?
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain to connect.
If you're still having trouble connecting your domain, check for any preexisting A records or CNAME records and delete them. Conflicting records can cause your domain connection to fail.
If you continue to have trouble, please contact BlueHost's support team and provide them with the following information:
- You would like to set up one A record for your root domain which points to 22.214.171.124.
- You would also like to set up a CNAME record (www.) for your subdomain that points to your Etsy-hosted domain, which is patternbyetsy.com
Note: Never give your Etsy username or password to a third party.
Only you are authorized to instruct your domain provider to connect your domain to your Pattern site, and Etsy cannot interact directly with your domain provider under any circumstances.