If you purchase USPS or Canada Post through Etsy, you can use calculated postage on Etsy. With calculated postage, the package details you set are automatically imported into the postage label purchase page.
Setting up calculated postage has several steps:
- Set up a delivery profile with calculated postage
- Add size and weight information to your listings
- Add the calculated delivery profile to your listings
How to set up a calculated delivery profile
To set up a calculated delivery profile:
- On Etsy.com, click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Click Delivery settings.
- Click Edit next to an existing profile or Add a delivery profile.
- Select Calculate them for me next to Postage costs.
- Enter the origin zip/postal code where you’ll dispatched your orders from. Postage rates will be calculated based on this location.
- Select a processing time.
- Confirm where you’d like to deliver. Your shop country is a required delivery destination, but you can add or remove other countries. To delivery only to your shop country, remove the checkmark from All countries.
- Confirm which delivery services you’d like to offer.
- Choose if you’d like to offer free delivery.
- Choose if you’d like to add an optional handling fee.
- Name the delivery profile.
- Click Create profile.
How to add size and weight information to your listings
Next, check that your listings have size and weight information added:
- In Shop Manager, click Listings.
- Click Quick Edit.
- In the listings where you want to use calculated postage, enter the weight of the item next to Item weight.
- Enter the size of the item after it’s been prepared for packaging but not yet packaged (for example: folded, but not boxed) next to Item size (when packed).
- Click Exit quick edit.
Make sure that your item weight and size are accurate. These are used to calculate the type of box that would best fit your item(s), and the weight of the package, the size and weight of the box in which the order will be placed, which will affect your buyers' postage costs during checkout.
If you don't want to use Etsy's default box sizes and instead would like us to use boxes you specify, then you can add those as package preferences and disable Etsy's default box sizes.
How to add the calculated delivery profile to your listings
Last, add the calculated delivery profile to your listings:
- Click the checkbox on the listings you want to add this delivery profile to.
- Click Editing options.
- Click Change delivery profiles.
- Select your delivery profile.
- Click Apply.
- When you’re ready, click Publish.
Who can use calculated postage?
Sellers based in the US or Canada can use calculated postage, which is available for the USPS and Canada Post, respectively.
How does calculated postage work?
Calculated postage uses your location, the buyer’s location, and the item’s size and weight to generate postage costs for orders.
Buyers can preview postage costs for your listings that have calculated postage by entering either a zip/postal code or country. We default to the least expensive delivery method that is eligible for the total weight and dimensions of the item.
You’ll see all of the delivery details on both your Sold Orders and Receipt pages that show the package type, package dimensions, and package weight.