You can set up your listings and delivery profiles to show your customers estimated delivery dates for their orders. Depending on where your shop is located, you can enable it in different ways:
- Shops in the US and Canada: You can use either calculated or fixed cost postage.
- Shops in the rest of the world: You can use fixed cost postage.
On Etsy, a package which has arrived anywhere within the estimated date range, is considered to have arrived on time. As long as you have dispatched the order by the stated dispatch by date and have valid proof, you will not be held responsible for delays that occur in transit, caused by the carrier. Learn how to resolve a dispute with a buyer.
How is an estimated delivery date calculated?
The range of dates provided for expected delivery is calculated by combining the following information:
For the early end of the range: Your quickest processing time + your quickest expected transit time.
For the late end of the range: Your longest processing time + your longest expected transit time.
- Date of Dispatch:
Processing time + Carrier transit time = Estimated delivery date
For example, if the processing time for an item purchased is 3-5 days, and the transit time for the delivery method chosen is usually 2-4 days, the estimated delivery date is 5-9 days from the order date.
If an order is completed earlier than the expected dispatch date, the estimated delivery date will be adjusted accordingly.
Etsy periodically adjusts the transit times for delivery services shown in our delivery profiles, based on historical delivery times we see through carrier tracking data. This means you don't need to adjust transit times for weather events or other carrier delays.
How to set up estimated delivery dates
US and Canada sellers: Listings with calculated postage and a processing time will already have an estimated delivery date.
If you don’t use calculated postage or are located in a market where this feature is not available, you’re required to add the information necessary to calculate an estimated delivery date and input all of the required information when creating or editing delivery profiles and listings.
For each listing, you will need to have the following information completely filled out:
Domestic delivery service
- If Other is selected, you must provide a delivery time.
Cross-border delivery service
- If Other is selected, you must provide a delivery time.
- Cross-border services will be required of all sellers in all countries who deliver internationally.
If you offer delivery upgrades, delivery service or delivery time.
Origin ZIP/post code/postcode/PIN, which the item is dispatched from
- A processing time to indicate how long you need to get an order ready and handed off to your delivery company.
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Go to Shop Manager.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Delivery settings.
- Select Delivery profiles.
- Select Add a delivery profile (or Edit an existing one).
- If you are in the US or Canada: Next to Postage prices, select I’ll enter fixed costs manually or Calculate them for me. (Skip this step if you're not in the US or Canada).
- Select the Country of Origin.
- Add in your Origin post code.
- Select your Processing time.
- In the Standard delivery section, select your preferred or most used Delivery service for domestic delivery. If Other is selected, you must include a delivery time.
- Under What you’ll charge, choose whether to offer Free delivery or set up a Fixed price yourself.
- If you offer international delivery, repeat the last two steps for the Everywhere Else section.
- If you offer Delivery upgrades, select your delivery service and/or delivery time.
- Click Create profile.
Use this delivery profile for your listings to show your customers the estimated delivery date for their order.
📦 When you purchase and print postage labels on Etsy, we’ll automatically complete the order and send your buyers their tracking number. That way they’ll know when to expect their orders. Purchase Etsy Postage Labels
Do I need to set an estimated delivery date?
Setting a processing time and a transit time is required when creating, editing, or duplicating a listing or delivery profile. Additionally, setting an origin post code specifying where your items are dispatched from may be required depending on your location.
How will I know if estimated delivery date information is missing?
If one of your delivery profiles is missing estimated delivery date information, an alert will be displayed in the following areas:
For delivery profiles with at least one listing attached to them: in your Delivery settings page.
- For active listings not linked to a delivery profile: in the Custom delivery settings section on your Delivery settings page.
Estimated delivery date troubleshooting
The estimated delivery dates being shown are too early/too broad
Consider narrowing your processing time range if you rarely dispatch earlier than the date the order is due. You can edit your processing time and select the Custom option to have greater control over your processing time.
If you’ve set your own Delivery time when choosing Other as your delivery company, review those settings regularly and adjust as needed, as service standards may change.
The estimated delivery dates being shown are not accurate
You can manually set a range of estimated delivery times for each location.
To do so, you'll edit your delivery settings on your listings. Where the postage costs and carriers are entered for the listing, you can change the carrier to Other. This will allow you to enter your own range.
I dispatch from multiple locations. How should I set up my profiles?
If you dispatch from multiple locations, you can create a delivery profile and a listing for each location you dispatch from. Then, link each delivery profile to the relevant listing. This associates the correct delivery date with each listing.