When you receive a refund for a postage label depends on the carrier you purchased it from. Etsy can not influence the speed or outcome of refund requests.
To refund postage labels you purchased through Etsy, you need to request a refund through your Shop Manager.
If you plan to cancel the order associated with the postage label you’ve purchased, be sure to request your postage label refund first.
To request a refund for a postage label you bought through Etsy:
- On Etsy.com, choose Shop Manager.
- Choose Orders & Delivery.
- If you don't see the order in the first tab, select Completed.
- Choose Refund under the postage label number on your order.
You can request a refund for any postage label you’ve purchased through Etsy that hasn't been used to dispatch a package, so long as the label is:
- USPS: less than 30 days old
- FedEx: less than 30 days old
- Global Postal Delivery: less than 30 days old
- Canada Post: less than 15 days old
- Royal Mail: less than 15 days old
- Evri: less than 28 days old
- Australia Post: less than 15 days old
- Yakit: less than 15 days old
How long will it take to receive my refund?
Refunds are approved by the carrier and generally take 15-30 days to complete.
How will I know my request was approved?
If your refund is approved, you'll receive an email from Etsy, and there will be a credit on your Etsy bill listed as "[Your carrier] Postage Label Refund." If you purchased parcel insurance on Etsy, you would receive a separate credit on your bill listed as “Shipsurance Parcel Insurance Refund” or “Canada Post Coverage Refund,” depending on your carrier.
The label I refunded is on a USPS SCAN form
If the postage label for which you’ve requested a refund is contained within a USPS SCAN form, that form is no longer valid. If you have already used a SCAN form containing a label, a refund request for that label will be denied. Learn more about USPS SCAN forms.
I want to cancel my refund request
There isn’t a way to undo a request for a postage label refund.
However, if you have requested a label refund for a package that has been dispatched, the refund will simply be denied and the package will continue on towards delivery as normal.