Through our integration with shipping provider Yakit, sellers in India can purchase and print DHL Express shipping labels directly from their Shop Manager. Sellers can also purchase DTDC Asendia shipping labels as a more economical option for lightweight items.
Purchasing shipping labels on Etsy to complete an order is optional. If you cannot use a shipping label purchased on Etsy to complete an order, you can opt out of this process and complete the order manually.
- What do I need to use shipping labels through Yakit?
- How do I get my account set up and verified?
- How do I purchase shipping labels?
- How do I complete an order without purchasing a shipping label?
- How do I schedule a shipment pickup?
- What shipping services can I use?
- How do I request a refund?
- How does Yakit handle shipping insurance?
What do I need to use shipping labels through Yakit?
To purchase and use shipping labels through Yakit on Etsy, you must:
- Be an Etsy seller whose shop is located in India;
- Live in (or have a pickup address in) a PIN code serviceable by one of the available carriers or carrier partners*;
- Complete onboarding and verification for each carrier through the Yakit portal;
- Use shipment pickup for orders shipped using shipping labels on Etsy; and
- Agree to Etsy’s Shipping Policy.
*Once you complete onboarding, your address cannot be changed.
Labels are only available for export orders at this time.
You can purchase shipping labels on Etsy.com from a desktop computer, or from the mobile site.
How do I get my account set up and verified?
Before you can purchase shipping labels on Etsy, you’ll need to onboard with DHL Express and/or DTDC Asendia through our shipping provider, Yakit. During this process, you'll confirm your Etsy shipping and billing address and upload the required documentation.
If you do not live in a PIN code serviceable by any of the available carriers, you will not be able to sign up.
To access the Yakit portal, visit your Shop Manager and go to the Yakit link in the banner.
Once you’re in the portal, you'll be asked to upload some or all of the documentation below. The required documents depend on the carrier to which you're onboarding.
After submitting the required documents for DTDC Asendia, you will find out if they were approved within 24 business hours. For DHL Express, approval generally takes longer.
If you have questions about the documentation requirements or the upload process, ask Yakit directly via Y-Chat located in the portal.
Permanent account number (PAN)
This is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the income tax department.
Proof of address
This can be a gas bill or other proof of your permanent or home address.
Pickup address proof (if different from mailing address)
This can be a gas bill or other proof of the location your packages will be picked up from.
Import Export Code (IEC)
Government-issued license for exporting or importing
Goods and Services Tax Certificate (GST certificate)
This is a government-issued certificate. If you have sales above a certain threshold, you may need to register as a taxable person.
|Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)||
A 15-digit tax number that is assigned to you through your GST registration.
Letter of Undertaking (LUT)
Government-issued bank guarantee letter
Authorized Dealer (AD) Code
A 14-digit numerical code provided by the bank where you have your business account.
DHL Application Form
Application form to do business with DHL
If the carrier approves your uploaded documents, your account will be verified, and you’ll be able to purchase shipping labels from that carrier on Etsy.
If you have already registered for DHL Express and your documents are still valid, you will be automatically onboarded to DTDC Asendia with no further verification required to purchase shipping labels through Etsy.
How do I purchase shipping labels?
To buy shipping labels on Etsy through Yakit:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Go to Shop Manager.
- Go to Orders & Shipping.
- Select the order(s) you want to buy a shipping label for.
- Select Complete order.
- Choose the Ship date.
- Under Ship to, check that the buyer’s address is correct. If you need to update their address, select Edit.
- Fill out the Shipping information for the package. Learn more about shipping information.
- Fill out the customs form.
- If needed, select Add another label to this order and repeat the above steps.
- Select Review your purchase to view a summary of your purchase. Here you can choose whether to receive a copy of any shipping notifications that are sent.
- Confirm the documents you’d like to print. Select Customize options to specify a download preference for your label(s).
To see all your purchased labels, select Purchased labels from your Completed orders tab.
What shipping information is required?
The shipping information helps us give you an accurate estimate for the cost of your shipping label.
- Package weight: The weight of the package
- Package type: The package type depends on how you package the order.
- Length, Width, Height: The physical dimensions of your package
- Delivery service: The delivery service determines how quickly the order ships to the buyer, and affects the price of shipping.
What customs information is required when shipping internationally?
When purchasing an international label, you must supply the weight, value, and an accurate customs description for each item in this order. This weight and value will be used to calculate the package's totals for customs.
How much do shipping labels cost?
The cost of a shipping label will depend on the origin, destination, weight, and dimensions of the package. When you purchase shipping labels through Yakit for your Etsy packages, you get discounted volume shipping rates. Aside from Etsy’s standard fees, there are no additional membership fees to purchase and use shipping labels on Etsy.
You can preview the rates available through your Etsy account prior to purchasing a shipping label.
To preview shipping rates:
- Go to Shipping labels options.
- Find Shipment details.
- Go to Customize package details.
- Choose an existing preset or customize your own.
- Choose a destination country.
Rates for available services will be shown, as well as whether that service is enabled for your account.
You can also preview the cost during label purchase after you add your package details. The cost of each purchased shipping label appears separately in your Payment account.
How do I complete an order without purchasing a shipping label?
If you choose to complete an order without purchasing a shipping label on Etsy, select I’ll complete this order without shipping labels on Etsy under the Delivery service.
Under Please tell us why you don’t need a label, select one of the following reasons:
- Item is digital
- Buyer’s address isn’t covered
- Package is too heavy
- Package is too large
- Package contains gold, diamonds, or other precious gems
- Package will ship from outside India
- It’s an international shipment that requires insurance
- I’m shipping this order using a different label purchased on Etsy
Under Shipping carrier, select the shipping carrier you’re using to ship the order, then enter an applicable Tracking number.
How do I schedule a shipment pickup?
Shipment pickup is required when using DHL Express and DTDC Asendia shipping labels purchased on Etsy. Shipments cannot be dropped off in person. Pickups for DHL Express must be manually scheduled. Pickups can be scheduled until 12pm IST, and take place after 12pm IST.
Packages sent through DTDC Asendia will have a pickup automatically scheduled depending on the time the label is purchased.
- Labels purchased before 1 p.m. IST have same-day pickup automatically scheduled.
- Labels purchased after 1 p.m. IST will have a pickup scheduled for the following day.
Request a pickup
To request a pickup:
- Finish purchasing shipping labels for your open orders.
- Go to your Shop Manager.
- Select Request a pickup.
By default, all shipping labels with a Ship Date on or before the next available pickup date are included in a pickup request.
After the pickup request is completed
After the pickup request is completed, DHL Express will call you to confirm and schedule your pickup. You can communicate any changes to the timing of the pickup with DHL Express directly. You must confirm all details of your pickup request during this call.
Combine all packages from a single pickup request into one shipment using a bag or box. Hand this to the DHL Express representative who completes the pickup request.
How do I add additional packages to a scheduled shipment pickup?
If it is before 12pm IST and you have additional packages to ship:
- Select Add to pickup request in your Shop Manager for each pickup request you need to add packages to. This option only appears if you have purchased labels that are not part of an existing pickup request.
- Select Update shipment to review and make changes to your shipment.
- Add the needed packages to the request, then choose Add to pickup.
This will add additional packages to your existing pickup request. Make sure all packages for DHL Express are packaged together into one shipment.
If it is after 12pm IST on the date of pickup, you will not be able to add requests to your shipment pickup, and will see an error. Once your shipment pickup requests have been completed, you can schedule more shipment pickups.
For labels purchased through DTDC Asendia, a representative will call to confirm the schedule of your pickup request. During this call you can:
- Cancel your pickup request. At this time, it is not possible to cancel a pickup request through Etsy.
- Confirm that you will be consolidating packages with labels for both current and next-day pickup into one shipment.
If you do not hand over a package during scheduled pickup, you will see a banner in your Orders & Shipping page reminding you to schedule one.
What shipping services can I use?
We offer DHL Express as a premium, tracked service to ship international packages weighing up to 70 kg at discounted prices—as much as 50% off retail.
When you purchase a shipping label and schedule a pickup, the necessary forms are provided to you. It’s your responsibility to ensure the required information is completed and accurate.
How do I request a refund?
You can request a refund for unused labels that have not been added to a pickup request within 14 days of purchase. Unfortunately, labels that have already been added to pickup requests are not eligible for refunds. Learn how to request a refund for a shipping label.
How does Yakit handle shipping insurance?
At this time, supplemental shipping insurance is not available for shipping labels purchased through Yakit. However, some shipping methods come with insurance included, noted at time of label purchase. Claims for included shipping insurance coverage must be filed with Yakit directly.
If you are sending a shipment you need to insure for a value beyond what is included when purchasing a shipping label on Etsy, purchase postage elsewhere and then opt out of purchasing a label on Etsy, selecting “It’s an international shipment that requires insurance” as the reason.