When you shop for a gift on Etsy, you can mark your purchase as a gift and we’ll let the recipient know something special is on the way.
Choose how much (or how little) you’d like to share with the recipient. Mark your item as a gift during checkout and the seller will hide the price of the gift on the packing slip. Etsy can also send an email to the gift recipient with a link to a personalized gift page that includes your gift message and a preview of the gift.
Did you receive a personalized gift page from Etsy? Learn how to see the status of your gift.
How to mark your item as a gift
- In your cart, select Mark order as a gift.
- Select Proceed to checkout.
- Add an optional gift message, if offered by the seller. This message will appear on the packing slip the seller prints.
- To send a personalized gift page to the recipient, select Send link to a personalized gift page. Include a sneak peek image of their gift or keep it a surprise.
- Select when you would like to deliver the gift message: when the gift ships or right after purchase.
- Add the recipient’s email address.
- Add who the gift is from.
- Continue checking out.
- If you’re signed in to your Etsy account, confirm your shipping address and payment details.
- If you’re checking out as a guest, choose Continue as a guest. Fill in your shipping and payment details. Learn how to quickly create an Etsy account before you buy.
- Review your order and select Place your order.
Etsy will send you an email for each shop you purchased from. If you have any questions about your order, be sure to reach out to your seller directly.
If you chose Send a link to a personalized gift page, Etsy will send your recipient an email with a link to their gift page. They'll also see a tracking number on this page if the seller provides tracking information.
Choose your order to check the status of your gift order. If you purchased as a guest without signing in, your order will appear here if you connect it to an account. Learn how to connect a guest order to an account.
How to use Etsy Gift Mode
Gift Mode makes gifting extra easy. Gift Mode is available to buyers located in the US, CA, UK, or AU with a language setting of English.
Select the gift icon at the top of the navigation bar or tap the icon in the Etsy app, or go to Etsy.com/gift-mode.
To shop for gifts, you can start with taking a quiz, or scroll on the page to see popular gift ideas.
- Select who you are shopping for and select Next question.
- Select the occasion.
- Choose three or more interests that describe the recipient for the best results.
- Select Show gift ideas.
Browse the gift recommendations based on the recipient and their interests. Choose a listing or select Shop all ideas to see more gift ideas.
Select All gift ideas to return back to all the gift picks for your recipient, or Edit answers to select a new recipient or interests.
What if I’m located in a region where Gift Mode isn’t available, or I couldn’t find what I was looking for using Gift Mode?
If you’re located in a region where Gift Mode isn’t available, or you need a little help finding the best gift, here are a few tips:
- Check out the Etsy Journal for handpicked gift ideas.
- Choose an Etsy Gift Card so your recipient can purchase exactly what they want. Learn how to buy a gift card.
- Filter search results by items on sale, shop location, color, and more. Learn more tips for searching on Etsy.
- Check the shop’s reviews, policies, shipping times, and any badges to help guide your decision. Learn how to find the best items for you.