Labels can be purchased for both domestic and international addresses. To buy Canada Post shipping labels from Etsy, you must:
Jump to a section:
- How much do shipping labels cost?
- How do refunds and insurance claims work?
- How to use Canada Post Solutions for Small Businesses
How much do shipping labels cost?
There are no additional fees from Etsy to use Canada Post shipping labels, outside Etsy’s normal fees (i.e. transaction fee).
Your postage rate is determined by the savings level you’ve reached in your connected Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account. Once connected, your savings level will show in your Etsy account, such as when you purchase shipping labels. You can also preview rates using our Price Your Shipping tool when deciding on your pricing strategy.
The cost of a shipping label will depend on:
- The package origin
- The package destination
- The weight and dimensions of the package
- Any fuel surcharges and taxes associated with your location
When purchasing a Canada Post shipping label on Etsy, you can preview its total cost after you add the package details.
When you purchase a Canada Post label, The fees for Canada Post labels will appear in Canadian Dollars (CAD) and US Dollars (USD) in the total cost summary. All final label charges will be listed on your payment account in CAD. The cost of each purchased shipping label will appear separately in your payment account.
What shipping services are available?
For sending items within Canada, you can choose:
- For fastest delivery with Signature Confirmation: Priority™
- For fast delivery: Xpresspost™
- For ground service: Expedited Parcel™
All domestic shipping services include Tracking, Delivery Confirmation, and Coverage against loss or damage for up to $100 CAD.
For sending items to the USA, you can choose:
- Xpresspost™ - USA
- Expedited Parcel™ - USA
- Tracked Packet™ - USA
- Small Packet™ - USA Air
If you’re shipping to the US, check to see when the package should arrive.
For sending items to any other eligible countries:
- Xpresspost™ International
- International Parcel Air
- International Parcel Surface
- Tracked Packet™ - International
- Small Packet™ International Air
- Small Packet™ International Surface
To get an idea of when your international package should arrive see Canada Post International Delivery Standards.
How do refunds and insurance claims work?
If you bought a label by accident or no longer need it, you can request a refund for unused, unscanned labels within 15 days of purchase. You can purchase a new label at a later time. Learn how to request a refund for a shipping label.
For packages with guaranteed delivery times, you can check whether you qualify for a refund.
For refunds related to loss or damage, you may be able to file a claim directly with Canada Post.
How to use Canada Post Solutions for Small Businesses
If you're a Canadian seller, a valid Solutions for Small Business account is required to purchase Canada Post shipping labels on Etsy. Once you’ve created an account, you can purchase discounted Canada Post postage directly from Etsy.
Shipping labels purchased through Etsy count toward the overall purchase volume of the connected Solutions for Small Business account. While most Etsy sellers should qualify for a Solutions for Small Business account, eligibility is determined by Canada Post and is not guaranteed.
How do I get my Solutions for Small Business discounts?
To get your discounts, connect your existing Solutions for Small Business account or sign up for a new one. If you already have a Solution for Small Business account, make sure you have your Canada Post account number on hand.
Canada Post reviews your account quarterly and determines whether any change to your savings level is needed. Changes are reflected in your Etsy account shortly afterward.
- Sign in to Etsy.com and navigate to Shop Manager.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Shipping settings.
- Choose Rates & upgrades.
- Choose Connect your account. (Once you’ve linked your account, if you want to connect a different account, select Connect a different account)
- Confirm your address if prompted (you only see this if you haven’t purchased Etsy Shipping Labels before).
- To sign up for a Solutions for Small Business account, choose I don’t have an existing account, then verify the information on the next screen. If you already have an account, choose I have an existing account, then enter your Customer number.
- Once your account is successfully connected, a confirmation message appears along with your savings level.
The same options for connecting a new or existing Solutions for Small Business account appear during the shipping label purchasing process.
You can also sign up for a Solutions for Small Business account directly on Canada Post’s website.
Where will the discounts be visible?
Check and compare retail and Solutions for Small Business rates with our Price Your Shipping tool. Use this tool when determining your own shipping rates, deciding whether or not to enroll in a Free Shipping Guarantee, or when responding to postage inquiries from buyers.
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Go to the Price Your Shipping tool.
- Choose whether your shipment is Domestic, to the USA, or International.
- Enter the postal code you’re shipping from.
- If the shipment is Domestic, enter the recipient’s postal code. If the shipment is going to the USA, specify the state. If the shipment is International, specify the recipient’s country.
- Choose the package type from the menu, and enter its weight and dimensions.
- Select Calculate Prices when you’re finished to see prices for different package types when purchasing at retail or through your Etsy account.
If you use calculated shipping, you see a preview of the discounted postage price in the calculated shipping profile(s) that apply to Canada and Canada Post.
When you purchase shipping labels, you see a discounted cost and a note that this came from Solutions for Small Business.