You can buy shipping labels directly through Etsy.
With Etsy Shipping Labels, you can buy the postage right on Etsy. You can then print the label and place it on the package. It will include the buyer’s address and the necessary postage.
This means less time at the post office, access to some postage discounts, and more.
We offer labels for the following carriers:
To buy shipping labels on Etsy:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Find the order you want to buy a shipping label for.
- Click the icon of a van to purchase a shipping label.
- Under Get shipping labels for, check that your address is correct. If you need to update your address, click Edit.
- Under Ship to on the right side of the page, check that the buyer’s address is correct. If you need to update their address, click Edit.
- Fill out the Shipping information for the package. Learn more about shipping information.
- If you’re shipping this order internationally, fill out the customs form.
- Click Review your purchase to view a summary of your purchase.
- Confirm the documents you’d like to print. Click Customize options to specify a download preference for your label(s).
- Click Purchase.
A shipping notification is sent to your buyer, and your order is marked as Complete. You can then print your shipping label.
To see all your purchased labels, click Purchased labels from your Completed orders tab.
What shipping information is required?
The shipping information helps us give you an accurate estimate for the cost of your shipping label.
- Package weight: The weight of the package.
- Package Type: The Package Type depends on how you package the order.
- Length, Width, Height: The physical dimensions of your package. Fill out the package length, width, and height.
- Delivery service: The delivery service determines how quickly the order ships to the buyer, and affects the price of shipping.
What customs information is required when shipping internationally?
When purchasing an international label, you must supply the weight, value, and an accurate customs description for each item in this order. This weight and value will be used to calculate the package's totals for customs. You can also add an optional tariff number.
Documentation requirements vary by service and destination. Be sure to confirm what is needed on the carrier's site before sending. It’s your responsibility to ensure the required information is completed.
How do I buy a label with calculated shipping?
Sellers using USPS or Canada Post can use calculated shipping on Etsy. With calculated shipping, the package details you set are automatically imported into the shipping label purchase page.
To buy a shipping label created with calculated shipping, double-check the details and click Confirm and buy. You can edit or change the package details for your orders before purchasing your label.
Why buy shipping labels from Etsy?
With Shipping Labels bought from Etsy:
- You can buy and print labels from the comfort of your home or studio.
- The buyer’s shipping address is automatically added to the label.
- The tracking number is automatically added to the order.
- Buyers are automatically notified that the order has shipped.
- You have access to some postage discounts through our partnerships with certain shipping carriers.
- Requesting refunds on unused shipping labels from shipping carriers is easy and can be done through Etsy.
If you’re a seller in the US, Canada, Australia, or the UK, you can purchase shipping labels on Etsy.
Here are answers to some common questions about shipping labels:
You can buy a shipping label from your Orders tab on Etsy.com. Click Get labels next to the order you want to buy a label for.
You can’t currently purchase labels through the Sell on Etsy app.
To request a refund for a shipping label:
- In your Shop Manager, click Orders & Shipping.
- If you don't see the order in the first tab, click Completed.
- Click Refund under the shipping label number on your order.
If you don’t see the Refund button, your label can’t be refunded.
Refunds can be requested from Etsy.com, but not from the Sell on Etsy app.
There are a few reasons you might not be able to purchase Etsy shipping labels:
- You’re using the Sell on Etsy app instead of Etsy.com. You can only purchase shipping labels from Etsy.com.
- You may be located in a country where we don’t offer shipping labels. We offer shipping labels for sellers in Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US. If you’re in another country, you can purchase shipping labels from a local shipping carrier.
- The buyer’s address may be too long or have invalid characters. All characters must be the Roman alphabet (a,b,c,d,e…) and each line can have 35 characters or less. Address information can be moved to lower lines if a line has too many characters. If you need to make significant edits to a buyer’s address, contact them first to verify that the new address is correct.
- If you’re trying to create a label from the order notification in your email, make sure that you’re signed into the correct Etsy account.
If you can’t solve the problem with creating a shipping label for this order, you can purchase a shipping label from a shipping carrier online or at your local post office.
If you need to reprint a shipping label, click Print under the order’s tracking number in your Orders tab.
You can download and reprint a shipping label until the end of the label’s shipping date.
Some shipping labels you can purchase through Etsy come with insurance. You can also buy additional coverage for most types of packages.
You may receive an email notifying you that your shipping label cost was adjusted. This means that the shipping carrier measured different dimensions or weight than you recorded on the shipping label.
If you believe that an adjustment is an error, you can dispute the adjustment.
Learn how to dispute a USPS shipping label adjustment.
If you want to dispute a FedEx and Canada Post adjustment, click I still need help and include the order number and label ID number.