The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives individuals in the EU more transparency, rights, and control over the way their personal information is used. It also provides rights for data deletion, access, and portability.
As an Etsy member, you have the option to permanently close and delete your account. Permanently deleting your Etsy account can’t be undone.
If you don’t want your account to be permanently closed and deleted, you may consider:
- Closing your Etsy account: When you close your Etsy account, your account becomes inactive, and you have the option to reopen it.
- Closing your Etsy shop: If you want to close your shop and continue buying on Etsy, you can close your shop instead of your entire Etsy account. You can reopen your shop at any time.
How to permanently delete your Etsy account
Before you permanently delete your Etsy account, check that:
- For sellers
- You have no amount due in your payment account
- You have fulfilled all your orders
- You have resolved all your cases
- You have saved any information you need for tax or record keeping purposes
- For buyers
- All cases you opened are resolved
- You have no additional cases you want to open, since you won’t have access to the case system after you close your account
- You have saved any information you need for your records
To permanently close and delete your Etsy account:
- On Etsy.com, click You.
- Click Account settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Click Begin the process under Permanently close and delete your Etsy account.
- You’ll receive an email with instructions to complete your deletion request.
For security and verification purposes, you must make the deletion request while logged into the Etsy account you’d like to close and delete.
The permanent deletion process will begin once any open issues like overdue payments, unfulfilled orders, or unresolved cases are resolved, and may take around two weeks. Depending on which of our services you've used (such as whether you've made purchases or sales on Etsy) or if your account violated our policies, we may be required to retain certain information for legal, regulatory, tax, security, or compliance reasons for a limited period of time, after which it will be deleted.