For key sales days, like Cyber Monday or Mother's Day, Etsy often runs site-wide sales events. Any Etsy seller can participate in these sales events.
To participate, set up a sale in your shop for the days of the site-wide sales event.
- On Etsy.com, go to Shop Manager.
- Go to Marketing.
- Go to Sales and discounts.
- Select New special offer.
- Select Run a sale.
- Choose the options that correspond with the site-wide sales event.
If you participate in an Etsy-wide sales event, your shop may be featured in Etsy marketing materials, and can be included in search results related to the sale.
To qualify for inclusion in Etsy’s features for a sales event, you must match the sale criteria, which usually includes a specific type of sale and discount type. Generally, you’ll be notified in advance of site-wide sales events through your Shop Manager dashboard.
- Can I still participate in the sales event if it's already in progress?
- What should I name my sale?
- How long do I have to keep the sale running? Can I pause the sale at any time?
- I want to change how much of a discount I’m offering or end my sale early
- How does Etsy select which items are featured?
- How will I know if I'm chosen for a feature?
- I need help setting up my sale
Can I still participate in the sales event if it’s already in progress?
You can participate in the site-wide sales even if it’s already started. Set up your sale using the steps in this article before the site-wide sale ends to participate.
What should I name my sale?
Outside of a sales event by Etsy, feel free to name your sale whatever you would like. Once you create your sale, your items will be automatically on sale for the period you specified and buyers will not need the code to receive the discount. The discount name is for your own tracking purposes and is not visible to buyers.
How long do I have to keep the sale running? Can I pause the sale at any time?
We encourage you to keep your sale running for the entirety of the site-wide sale. You’re welcome to end your sale early at any time, but remember, you could miss out some holiday traffic!
I want to change how much of a discount I’m offering or end my sale early
To change the discount you’re offering, you can end your current sale early and create a new sale with the site-wide sales event criteria.
To end your sale early:
- From your Sales and coupons page, go to See details and manage.
- Select End sale early at the bottom of the page.
If you want to change your discount, start a new sale using the steps at the top of this article and select the new discount. To be eligible to be included in the site-wide sales event, choose a new discount that is within the sale criteria.
How does Etsy select which items are featured?
The qualities that Etsy’s Merchandising team look for in a featured shop include:
- Great photography
- Unique items for sale
- A well-crafted story (which includes an About section)
- A well-developed brand
By having any or all of these areas covered, you can increase your chances of being featured in a site-wide sales event. To qualify for inclusion in Etsy’s features for a sales event, you must also match the sale criteria.
Get more tips for getting featured on Etsy.
You don’t need to be featured to benefit from participating in the sales event. Most of the items that Etsy features will link to a page showing items similar to the one featured. If one of your items is relevant and has a good presence in Etsy search, then it may be shown in those results.
How will I know if I’m chosen for a feature?
We’re not always able to tell sellers directly that they’re being featured, so it’s best to make sure you’re subscribed to emails from Etsy to see if you’ve been featured in our marketing.
To see which emails you’re subscribed to:
- On Etsy.com, go to Your account.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Select the Emails tab.
- Under Your Subscriptions, you can choose what emails to subscribe to. We recommend choosing everything under both GENERAL and FOR SELLERS.
- Select Save Settings.
We also recommend following all of Etsy’s channels on social media to see if you’ve been featured as well:
I need help setting up a sale
If you need some help getting your sale started, you can get tips from other experienced sellers in the Community Forums.