If you’re having a technical problem with shipping on Etsy, check these common issues:
- I can’t print Etsy shipping labels
- My custom order shouldn’t have free shipping
- I can’t access the Shipping Label Options page
I can’t print Etsy shipping labels
There are a few reasons you might not be able to purchase Etsy shipping labels:
- You may be located in a country where we don’t offer shipping labels. We offer shipping labels for sellers in Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US. If you’re in another country, you can purchase shipping labels from a local shipping carrier.
- The buyer’s address may be too long or have invalid characters. All characters must be the Roman alphabet (a,b,c,d,e…) and each line can have 35 characters or less. Address information can be moved to lower lines if a line has too many characters. If you need to make significant edits to a buyer’s address, contact them first to verify that the new address is correct.
- If you’re trying to create a label from the order notification in your email, make sure that you’re signed into the correct Etsy account.
If you can’t solve the problem with creating a shipping label for this order, you can purchase a shipping label from a shipping carrier online or at your local post office.
My custom order shouldn’t have free shipping
If you sold a custom order and the buyer wasn’t charged for shipping, you may have opted into a Free Shipping Guarantee. A Free Shipping Guarantee applies to your entire shop and overrides any shipping fee added to a custom order.
I can’t access the Shipping Label Options page
If you can’t access the Shipping Label Options page in your Shop Manager, you may:
- Be located outside of the US. The Shipping Label Options page is only available to sellers who can use USPS, or sellers in the US. Members in other countries where labels are available can control shipping label options during the label purchase process.
- Need to complete your onboarding to Etsy Shipping Labels. Complete your onboarding by clicking “Get shipping label” on an order’s receipt page, or the order’s truck icon on your Orders & Shipping page.