You set up your shop, you made your first sale. Time to get paid!
There are several ways to get paid with Etsy:
- Etsy Payments: With Etsy Payments, buyers can use most payment methods to purchase from your shop. You get direct deposits to your bank account.
- PayPal: If you’re based in a country where Etsy Payments isn’t available yet, you can have buyers pay you directly through PayPal.
How to choose your payment method
To choose your payment method on Etsy.com:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Click Finances.
- Click Payment settings.
If your shop isn't open to the public yet, you can choose your payment methods under the Get Paid tab once you select your shop name and list an item.
What is Etsy Payments?
Etsy Payments is the easiest way to get paid through Etsy. With Etsy Payments, your buyers can choose their preferred way to pay, and you get all your payments in one place.
Note: You must be located in an eligible country to use Etsy payments.
Can I use PayPal without Etsy Payments?
If you sell in a country that doesn’t accept Etsy Payments, then you can sign up for PayPal using your own PayPal account. Funds from PayPal sales on Etsy will be deposited into your PayPal account.
Questions about getting paid?
Etsy Payments is the easiest way to get paid on Etsy. With Etsy Payments, buyers can use most payment methods to purchase from your shop. You get direct deposits to your bank account.
If you’re based in a country where Etsy Payments isn’t available yet, you can have buyers pay you directly through PayPal.
When start using Etsy Payments, we need to verify your identity. This helps Etsy protect both you and the overall safety of the marketplace.
If we can’t verify your identity from the information you gave us when you signed up for Etsy Payments, you’ll be asked for additional information to confirm your identity.
To verify your identity for Etsy Payments:
First, make sure that you entered all your personal and financial information on your Payment account. Check your information in your Payment settings.
- Click Update next to Bank details. Check that your bank details are correct and click Save new details.
- Click Address and check that your address is correct.
Next, scan or photograph your government-issued ID. This can be one of the following:
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- A valid government-issued passport
The information on the document must correspond with the information provided during shop setup.
Then, upload the image of your documents.
Finally, confirm your personal information again in your payment account and add a debit or credit card to your shop, which is a requirement for most Etsy shops in your Payment settings under Billing.