Etsy sellers can cancel a sale. If you bought something on Etsy and you want to cancel the order, you need to contact the seller.
How to cancel an order
First, check that your transaction meets the requirements in Etsy's cancellation policy.
If you're unable to complete a transaction, we recommend that you notify the buyer over Etsy Conversations before canceling the transaction. If the buyer already paid, you must issue a full refund. Keep records of refunds in the event a dispute arises.
To cancel an order:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Select the order you want to cancel.
- Click the … (ellipsis) icon.
- Click Issue a refund.
- Choose which transactions to cancel. You can cancel some or all transactions in an order.
- Fill out the form. Be sure to leave a detailed note further explaining why you're canceling.
- Click Submit.
- If the buyer paid through Etsy Payments, then you’re done! However, if the buyer paid through another method, like PayPal, you’ll need to refund them through that payment method.
There is a 48-hour holding period until the cancellation is processed. If you used Etsy Payments, Etsy then automatically credits you for the related listing and transaction fees.
Canceled orders appear in Orders & Shipping under the Complete tab.
Canceling a sold-out item doesn't put the item back in your shop, but you can quickly renew it.
I ordered an item and I want to cancel it
If you bought something on Etsy and you want to cancel the order, contact the seller. Only sellers can cancel transactions.
Sellers may accept returns, but in most cases are not required to do so unless they state they do in their shop policies or are required by local laws. You can find the seller’s shop policies on their shop homepage. Read sellers' shop policies carefully and contact sellers before shipping a return.