To close your Etsy shop:
- On Etsy.com, go to Shop Manager.
- Go Settings and select Options.
- Select the Close Shop tab.
- Select your reason for closing your shop from the dropdown menu.
- Select Close Shop. Please answer our short survey before closing your shop.
Once your shop is closed, it may take some time for our system to process your request.
Your Etsy account will become a buyer-only account with no visible shop. You can continue to access your existing orders, and you can reopen your shop at any time.
I don’t see the option to close my shop
If you don't see the option to close your shop, you'll need to close any unresolved cases or pay any overdue fees first.
How to close your shop with open orders
If you have open orders, you can put your shop in vacation mode until they're complete. That way your shop is still visible to your buyers, but buyers can’t place new orders.
If you close your shop before resolving your open orders, you can still access your orders and communicate with your customers, but your shop won’t be visible to your buyers.
How to close your shop with a Payment account balance
Make sure your bank details on file are correct and up to date before closing your shop. Any funds left in your Payment account will be deposited according to your deposit schedule, even after you close your shop. If your bank information is out of date, you may not receive your payment. Learn how to update your bank information.
How to close a draft shop
If your shop isn't open to the public yet, you need to contact Etsy Support to close your shop. Contact us by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting Contact support.
If you're looking for instructions for closing your account, learn how to close your account.
How to reopen a shop you closed
If your shop was suspended by Etsy, learn more about how to reinstate your shop.
To reopen a shop you previously closed:
- Sign in to Etsy.com on a desktop or laptop computer. You can’t complete this process on mobile browser or the Etsy Seller app.
- Select the Your Account icon.
- Go to Account settings.
- Select Your Closed Shop.
- Select Reopen Shop.
- If you have a credit card on file, take a moment to make sure your billing information is correct.