See Managing shipments from home to learn how to purchase USPS Shipping Labels on Etsy and send packages without leaving your residence.
You can purchase and print USPS shipping labels directly from your Etsy shop.
To buy USPS shipping labels from Etsy, you must be based in the US. Labels can be purchased for both domestic and international addresses.
You can purchase labels on Etsy.com. Currently, you can’t purchase labels on the Sell on Etsy app.
How much do shipping labels cost?
The cost of a shipping label will depend on the origin, destination, weight, and dimensions of the package.
When you purchase USPS shipping labels for your Etsy packages, you get discounted volume shipping rates: up to 30% lower than the USPS retail retail rates you would pay at the post office or elsewhere online. Aside from Etsy’s standard fees, there are no additional membership fees to use Etsy Shipping Labels.
If you record a different size or weight than USPS of your parcel when purchasing labels from Etsy, USPS will refund you the difference if you overestimated or charge you if you underestimated.
Available shipping services
Etsy and the USPS offer a selection of methods for sending parcels and tubes to both domestic and international addresses, as well as lettermail and flats for domestic addresses. Some methods that are available come with insurance coverage included and shown at time of purchase.
For sending items within the US, USPS offers the following shipping insurance options:
- Includes $100 insurance: Priority Mail® and Priority Mail Express®
- Doesn’t include insurance: First Class Package Service®, Media Mail® (restrictions apply), and Parcel Select Ground®
Depending on the international destination, USPS offers the following shipping insurance options:
- Includes $200 insurance: Priority Mail® International and Priority Mail Express® International
- Doesn’t include insurance: First-Class Mail International®
When you purchase an USPS international shipping label, the necessary forms will be provided to you. It’s your responsibility to ensure the required information is completed.
Learn more about what can and cannot be sent in the mail.
Refunds and Claims
If you bought a label by accident or no longer need it, you can request a refund for unused, unscanned labels within 10 days of purchase. You can purchase a new label at a later time. Learn how to request a refund for a shipping label.
For refunds related to late delivery when using Priority Mail Express, you may be able to file a claim directly with USPS. You may also be able to file a claim with USPS if your package was automatically insured.
If you insured your package through Shipsurance, learn how to file a claim.
Managing shipments from home
When you’re ready to ship, you can schedule a pickup from USPS so you don’t need to leave your home.
This is available for orders where you’ve purchased a USPS shipping label on Etsy and selected a USPS premium service.*
USPS can pick up multiple orders at once. At least one order must be shipping via a USPS premium service.
USPS will specify the pickup date, and they’ll pick up your package(s) when your mail is normally delivered.
- Click the Shop Manager icon.
- Click Orders & Shipping.
- Click the Completed tab.
- Choose Request a pickup at the top of the page.
- Choose the pickup location and verify your address and phone number.
- Enter Additional notes for the postal carrier. If you choose Other as the pickup location, this will be required.
- Select Request pickup.
You can cancel a pickup via Etsy before 3 a.m. ET of the pickup day by clicking Cancel pickup in the banner at the top of your Completed tab. If it’s after 3 a.m. of the pickup day, contact your local USPS post office.
Pickups cannot be edited, but you can cancel and schedule a new one if needed.
The weight limit per package is 70 lbs. This is the same limit as a USPS shipping label purchased on Etsy.
If you need to change your pickup address, edit your return shipping label address prior to scheduling a pickup.
- Click the Shop Manager icon.
- Click Settings.
- Click Shipping settings and Shipping label options.
- Enter your new address under Shipping From.
- Scroll down to click Save.
*Premium services include:
- First Class Package Service
- First Class International via Global Postal Shipping
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- First Class International Parcel Service
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail Express International
Services that are not premium include:
- Parcel Select Ground
- Media Mail
- First Class Flat
- First Class Letter