If you purchase a USPS shipping label through Etsy, USPS may adjust the price of the label once they receive the package. These adjustments can be because after USPS physically weighed and measured your packages, they found that any of the following are different from what you entered when purchasing the label:
- The package weight
- The package dimensions
- The post office zip code where you dropped off the package
- The package type
If the price of your shipping label is adjusted, you’ll receive an email letting you know.
To see why the price was adjusted:
- Click See my adjustments in the email.
- Click the label ID in your Payment account.
You’ll see the adjustment receipt with details about why the label was adjusted.
If your package is adjusted:
- It should be delivered to your buyers uninterrupted and not delayed
- Your buyers shouldn’t receive a “Postage Due” notice for underpaid postage labels
How are price adjustments charged or credited?
USPS shipping label price adjustments are charged for underpayment or credited for overpayment to your Etsy Payment account. You can click the adjustment line item in your Payment account to view the specific adjustment.
Can I dispute a shipping label adjustment?
If the label indicates "First Class International via Global Postal Shipping" in the details, Etsy can assist you with disputes. Please contact us with the adjustment number or order number to dispute these adjustments.
For all other labels, Etsy cannot assist with disputes.
Please contact USPS directly:
If you email USPS, include this information:
- Tracking number
- The USPS Adjustment ID. You can find this at the top of the adjustment receipt
- Detailed reason for the dispute
- Your contact information, including name and email
You have 60 days from the date of the notification of the adjustment to file a dispute for a given transaction. Most responses can be expected in 2-5 business days.
If USPS finds that you have been adjusted in error, USPS will notify you and then you should see a credit for the correction directly into your Etsy Payment account.